Author Topic: Fallout 4 - New Vegas  (Read 1813 times)

RoBbIe

• Autococker
Fallout 4 - New Vegas
« on: May 18, 2009, 03:57:29 PM »
New Fallout Game Announced SomeTime this year. It is not going to be a direct sequel but will be made Obsidian Entertainment

At a Bethesda press event in London today, our very own Jem Alexander learned of a brand new addition to the Fallout universe. Fallout: New Vegas will be available on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 next year, courtesy of Alpha Protocol developer Obsidian Entertainment.

No other details have been revealed yet, but we're certain Jem will lockpick and hack his way to as much information as he can. We'll feed him to the mutants if he doesn't.

Update: The title is "just Fallout: New Vegas. No number. It's not a sequel." For those worried this non-numbered expansion would be a party game, fret not. It's "definitely an RPG," according to Bethesda VP Pete Hines. Obsidian Entertainment was founded by Fergus Urquhart who, along with a few other Obsidian guys, worked on the original Fallout. The team was approached by Bethesda and "jumped at the chance" to work on this new title.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: Fallout 4 - New Vegas
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »
At least we can understand you when you copy/paste your entire post from somewhere else.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »
haha only one i copied and paste was last 2 paragraph thanks for the compliment

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:54:58 PM »
I highly doubt that.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 02:09:55 AM »
Yeesh. They should've just stuck with oblivion and tried to improve that fiction/gameplay as much as possible. Really, fallout 3 did almost nothing for me.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »
Fallout 3 was pathetic - in the storm of hype and media attention before and after its release I felt like I'd arrived on another planet. It's the most incredible case of The Emperors New Clothes I've ever seen, very few media establishments seem capable of recognising the clear deficiencies in Fallout 3. Oblivion was ok for what it was, but Bethesda win the prize for most ham-fisted pig-ignorant adoption of any intellectual property as far as I'm concerned.

Slightly more on-topic, I don't know what to expect of Fallout 4. On one hand it has much more of the true fallout spirit in it's blood than Fallout 3 ever could, what with Obsidian taking the reigns, but on a 12-month development timescale I don't know whether to expect much more substance or innovation than F3. Time will tell I guess, but all I know is it can't be much worse.

- Dag