Author Topic: Paintball shuts down ( New information )  (Read 4900 times)

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: Paintball shuts down ( New information )
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »
Ok I looked into it a bit more. Apparently its driver nvlddmkm that crashes and recovers and freezes paintball2. Apparently it does it with a bunch of games too...   I believe its from an update version, but I'll try to see what I can find. It crashed 2 times on me today in different matches.

EDIT: I believe it may have been from errors in my memory. Yesterday I restarted my comp to only get blank screens. After 4 hours of thinking it was my video card, I pulled one of my ram sticks and it worked fine. I just don't know if its the source of the problem for DP2 tho.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:16:43 PM by Justinph5 »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Paintball shuts down ( New information )
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »
Why would memory cause paintball to crash and not something more intense such as halo, css, or crysis? It can't be a driver error since I have tried at least 3 different drivers. This is so annoying. And should be on the top of the list to work on. It makes no sense that my $300 compaq can run this game with no problems but a custom pc with upgraded everything can't play this simple game. If you google the error there are many people who have this problem and many swear up and down they have a fix for it. None of them have worked for me so far. The bright side is that if I can't get it to start working then there is one less non-hacking member gone.