Keep the ban
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: RICK.  (Read 8010 times)

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: RICK.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 03:30:05 PM »
None in the committee have ever wanted him to just be unbanned. We've just wanted the length changed since we didn't know all of the info when we first voted for 1024. It's been wanted since his ban was added, it's just only been brought to the public eye recently.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 03:32:08 PM »
Dont get me wrong, Rick is cool.

<3

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 07:33:55 PM »
Keep him banned. If you don't then you have no basis to keep anyone else banned.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »
Keep him banned. If you don't then you have no basis to keep anyone else banned.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=19100.0
kthx.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 10:11:11 PM »
Distribution is distribution. Keep him banned, and stop pulling your high power committee strings to try and lower the ban time.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 12:51:22 AM »
- He freely gave up everything he created and admitted to it as well - what distributor do you know of that has done this and has gotten 1024?

It could be argued that, having been on the committee, he knew it would give him some leeway.

- He reported other stats that came to our use, eg who distributed the hacks, etc. - only some do this, but Rick told us basically everything.

No offense, but that isn't a strong enough reason, I don't see what will stop people from coming back and demanding a lower ban based on the amount of help they supplied. They'll always hold this over the committee's head, "you did it for Rick, don't be unfair", then watch out, this is next: "the committee is biased, they look out for their own and cannot remain objective."

The only thing that made me bump up the time was that he should've known better, being on the committee especially.

This is pretty much it. To me, it just blows the other reasons up.

When you think about it, this entire discussion is rather absurd. Really, we're talking about lowering a ban that was originally about 3 years to 2 years. Years. We're banning people for years now. And it took someone close to 132 days to make a thread about it (in general discussion). Do you think people will stand back and not fight to get their ban lowered by a whole year if they just saw someone else do it, especially against such odds? Of course not!

Oh, and I chose to dissect your post because..well, let's say I'm light, so I see you holding more mirrors than everyone else, and go, hey, I can bounce off of like 3 mirrors if I go over there, yay.  

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 02:49:44 AM »
When you think about it, this entire discussion is rather absurd. Really, we're talking about lowering a ban that was originally about 3 years to 2 years. Years. We're banning people for years now. And it took someone close to 132 days to make a thread about it (in general discussion). Do you think people will stand back and not fight to get their ban lowered by a whole year if they just saw someone else do it, especially against such odds? Of course not!
The thing is when people are banned for years, they quit the game. But Rick is still here, he wants to make an effort on helping the community, he wants to come back and play this game, so why don't we give him a chance?

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 03:05:08 AM »
You can't make a rule for one person, and a completely different rule for another person. Just because he "helped" the community doesn't matter. He distibuted hacks, and thats why he is banned.

Fasian, so if your saying that zaltekk came back to the forums, and helped the community, you want him to have another chance? Even when he caused chaos for jitspoe and the community?

You can't just unban Rick because he is your friend. He broke the rules, and he is getting punished for it.

THE-MAN

• PGP
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 03:08:28 AM »
Whaaat!? I think the ban is too short.
"Hacking" is unacceptable  ;)

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 03:10:02 AM »
You can't make a rule for one person, and a completely different rule for another person. Just because he "helped" the community doesn't matter. He distibuted hacks, and thats why he is banned.

Fasian, so if your saying that zaltekk came back to the forums, and helped the community, you want him to have another chance? Even when he caused chaos for jitspoe and the community?

You can't just unban Rick because he is your friend. He broke the rules, and he is getting punished for it.
But zaltekk isn't here. And Rick did not do what zaltekk did. Nobody that has a lifetime ban is still around that i know of.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 03:22:28 AM »
But your saying, because Rick is still around on the forums, he should be unbanned. So in saying that, if someone like zaltekk was still around here, you'd want him unbanned too? It's the same thing.

So if I got banned for 1000 days, for distribution, and I stayed around on the forums, "helping" the community, would you want me unbanned too?

You can't unban Rick otherwise other people that get banned will think that they might get unbanned alot easier. You just cannot unban someone. He broke the rules, and he will serve his bantime just like everyone else will.

There is no point keep on arguing about Rick, there is just a zero chance of Rick being unbanned because it will just be unfair and unjust.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 03:27:02 AM »
And Rick did not do what zaltekk did.
Seriously Kyuuchi. READ. And please stop posting in this tread when you know nothing.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 03:31:08 AM »
be quiet;

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 04:37:36 AM »
Kyuuchi, step into Ricks shoes for a minute.  I'm pretty sure if you look at all of the distribution bans, they have nearly (i think) ALL been caught.  How would you feel getting the same time as the people that got caught and didn't exactly own up to it?  Also, I believe Rick did the same as Cusoman, and how would you also feel getting more than a 900 day difference in the ban time?  I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be happy.

The thing is when people are banned for years, they quit the game.
Most of them have their excuses such as 'I was quitting anyway' or 'I'm not into DP anymore' :P.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 05:21:24 AM »
No matter that Rick is one of the rare pleasent guy you can find in this community, and no matter what he had done for the community itself, he should serve his time.

I was against his 1024, giving the fact that he confessed, it was his 1st time and all of the other arguments. Did he broke the rules? Yes. Did he had to get 1024? No.

So yeah, lower the ban accordingly to the crime and other ˝vigilantes˝, but I'm against giving a clean sleat to anyone.

Rick, my aussie, you fcked up, I hope the ban will be lowered but that's it.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 06:39:57 AM »
The fact that atleast 2 or 3 people distributed getting banned a few weeks before rick or around the same time yet getting like 64 days or something. I believe XaneX was one of them. Mayhem requested a day and got it, which was alot smaller then ricks. So we're not saying DELETE THE BAN!!!!. We're saying it deserves a major reduction. A player which helped the community, confessed who he gave it to (which was one person).

Also alot of the people who hacked, when they get banned try to give out more hacks or evade. Like Navyseal/Kilo and others. Rick actually attempted to help the community hoping he could get a second chance. Also, the committee wasn't even given the proper information on making the bantime. They didn't know everything about it. So now that it seems like they have the proper information, they should revote and see what has happened. He's served 215 days and still is attempting to rejoin the community.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 05:34:29 PM by MyeRs »