Author Topic: Leisure Mapping Team  (Read 2885 times)

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
Leisure Mapping Team
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »
Was wondering if anyone would like to start a mapping team with me. Not for anything serious, just willing to help out some new mappers if they want to get some practice or get some new, unique maps out into the server rotations. Consider it my contribution to the DP community.
xMAPCOM was a failure due to my busy schedule during these months (preparing for university [or college for you Americans]).
Your mapping level doesn't matter. I just want to help when I can and get some new players into mapping.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: Leisure Mapping Team
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:52:52 AM »
How do you mean that?

If mappers have questions or need help, they (can) ask here.

Could you explain it a bit more?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 05:16:38 PM »
How do you mean that?

If mappers have questions or need help, they (can) ask here.

Could you explain it a bit more?

Some people dont like to come here to ask for help, mainly because some of the people here love to start fights, and i like musiks idea because if you get a group of "cool" mappers you can get help without worrying about the fighting

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 07:14:20 PM »
I would Cuso might want to too all we do is map together and he maps along with dirtytaco. If we have 4-5 good brains in this mapping team i think we can pull sometihng off

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
Why not just idle #pbmappers? :O

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »
#pbmappers is the way to go :D

-Cusoman

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
Except half the time nothing really happens on IRC. Takes too long sometimes to get an answer. By that time I just get bored. Seems easier to be able to just chat with them on xFire or something, where you know they're going to answer in the next few minutes.
I personally find #pbmappers somewhat pointless. Seems way too, for lack of a better word, formal. Something you'd probably go on just to get help or something.
Anyways, a lot of the idlers on the channel are top mappers like DT or you guys, and some of you'd probably be less willing to do a little mapping with new guys which I wouldn't mind doing, as it gives me practice.

To answer Chef-Killer, I meant a team that gets together occasionally and makes maps for fun, even if they're not going to be released. Helps us more amateurish mappers to practice more while pooling ideas.

As I've clearly stated as well, this team is nothing serious. You could call it a bunch of friends getting together and brainstorming ideas and possibly making good ones work. If there are any.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 07:48:04 AM »
MUSIK!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D.................

Hai

uh.. whats the point of having just one mapping team when ppl can just come up with their own ideas..........................................................

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 07:54:41 AM »
Haha, then what's the point of having brain when one isn't using it?

On topic: I'd be glad to make some models for all of you mappers, the only problem is I can't skin/texture models well. So, if anybody wants to share their knowledge on this matter, please PM me.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 08:33:05 AM »
musickid: I'd be in to help. I've helped some other mappers who posted in this thread ;) with mostly ideas. My mapping skills are not very good, but I can usually get a good idea. IRC works the best since it's everyone in one channel. You can do /whois /whois Name - which tells you the last time they were idle. So you know if they are online. Also, that's the easiest way to send the maps back and forward if you work on one together.

Robinhood: Finish our map so we can release it... with my mid not your peice of excrement wanna be shatty mid.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 12:06:49 PM »
Ah ok, I would like to help other/new/german (in german :D) mappers... giving some tips, trying to solve problems and so on... for new ideas, I'm not creativ enough ;)

But I'm not interested in making new maps, because I think new maps should be nearly perfect. And I have not enough time to make a perfect map, so I won't make one atm.

I don't know, if you need and search people like me 8)

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »
hmm ok then +1 :D:D:D:D:D