Author Topic: DigitalPaintball Tutorial  (Read 3988 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
DigitalPaintball Tutorial
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:01:52 AM »
Basically, the clan vitalfusion has made a few videos now, mostly jump videos with a few shooting ones. It's not the best quality and all as it's a free program and shockwave has just started learning the program. But it's getting better.

So we were bored lastnight and decided to try to make a tutorial. It's 4:35 minutes, shows the basics of creating accounts, FOV's, shooting, and jumping. It can obviously be built on to become better, but it should help abit. If you have any suggestions on what is 'bad' or 'good' on it, please tell us. It would help for improvement.

BTW: We made this thinking about hopefully a 'dp2 tutorial ingame'. We have this saved so we can continue editing, or even send it to somebody else who can make it look nicer and it can become a little project between a few people to improve it. This was just an hour spent, i'm sure we can improve on it alot.

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XTMFyiA_ok

Wyze

• Stingray
Re: DigitalPaintball Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 10:12:23 AM »
Very nice, some of the words exit to quick not really letting people to read what you had to say. Other than that very well done!

Wyze

Dave

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »
absolutely nonsensical tutorial... really is... and why is there advertisement of some ugly clan??

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 02:46:29 AM »
Good job on spending time to do this. I think some tutorials are to long, and some are too short. For example, the fov tutorial is a bit long. Also, I was confused which fov was which, it would be useful if there was a little text going across the screen saying which fov was which.

Also, I think that the creating account needs more detail. Example:
Actually type the required information in, and highlight the "Type in how many accounts you're allowed to have" and show that you need to type "1". Other than that, not bad for a quick tutorial. But I can't see this being useful to the "newbies" in this stage, once everything is fixed, perhaps it could work.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 05:19:40 AM »
Tutorial s good but delete everything with vF. Nobody wants to see that.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 08:12:15 AM »
I like the monochrome non-jump videos :)

Btw: Your neon green grass looks very ugly in the videos.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 09:32:50 AM »
it says vital fusion twice at the beginning, and they're shown longer than any of the clips ;)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 02:08:25 PM »
@T3RR0R15T: Yeah, those are shockwave's textures. I agree they are disgusting looking.

@Justinph5: Don't know why the first one was in. The banner was decided to be thrown in for two reasons, the show off the new banner we just made, and to show who's making the video.

@Zimtstern: It's named dp2tutorial [which wont be searched] Most people will search Digital Paintball 2 Tutorials. But we named it that so we can edit it while showing people. Theres plenty still needed to be done. We wanted to see what our banner looked like aswell as show whos making the tutorial :)

@NaHLiJ: YEAH BRO. GETALIFE. So making a video with a few guys or hacking and then spending hours denying it and blaming the cheat detection. Yours took more time.... yours is more pathetic... but kai broski. Btw... did god tell you to cheat this time? Was it in your dream!?!? Get some knowledge bro ;)

From the feedback i've gotten, we need the text on longer in shorter bunches [which I think we could solve by doing what skyline did in his jumping tutorial]. Also, that strafejumping needs alot more explanation and demonstrations. We'll try to add more, anyone who has more experience with this kinda thing message shockwave/shk on IRC and give him your input. kthnxbye.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 03:44:14 PM by MyeRs »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 04:13:51 PM »
Digital Paintball 2 Tutorials.
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 !!!

"Digital Paintball 2" is another game. Maybe a lot of players, who searched for this game found the wrong one (because so many people say Digital Paintball 2 to this game).

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 04:50:47 PM »
CS:S is counter strike source, but people still say Counter Strike. Nobody is going to take the time to say: Digital Paint: Paintball 2. They'll say dp, digital paintball, paintball 2 etc...

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 05:10:17 PM »
U don't need to say it, but write the right one.

Lapppy

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 !!!

"Digital Paintball 2" is another game. Maybe a lot of players, who searched for this game found the wrong one (because so many people say Digital Paintball 2 to this game).

I Just googled the term "Digital paintball 2"
Clicking "im feeling lucky" brings me to digitalpaint.org  :)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 06:03:42 AM »
Clicked "More From: ChrisJablonsky"

"Runescape Vampire Slayer"

Gf.