Author Topic: GlobalGamers Poll  (Read 8814 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: GlobalGamers Poll
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 06:14:13 AM »
A trivia bot in-game pl0x. PLEASE

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 06:46:11 AM »
Fast connect script

for example if someone pm you a server then you just have to write into a channel /connect 1.3.3.7:11111 password mongo and you ll join automatically to the server

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »
There is already a script like that, to join a dp match from mIRC. I don't remember what it was though, I had it a long time ago.

LoreOfSerpents

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 11:23:29 AM »
I should clarify some of Kyuuchi's post.  :)

Well, I think I got this right, LoreOfSerpents said that it would be very very very hard to link the NickServ bot with the actual DP Game, and I don't think Lore wanted to make any changes to the NickServ bot.

Making changes to NickServ is very feasible.  Actually linking the DP and NickServ databases is what I was concerned about, but jitspoe had some good ideas about that. 

My confusion about the stats is because I don't really know what the game servers do currently, or how easy it is to extract the stats from them.  My assumption was that if it was easy to extract stats upon the completion of a game, the relay bots for DP matches would be relaying final scores.

We might be able to look into adding some functionality to the game source so the game can communicate those stats to a different medium (like IRC).  But that's sheer conjecture and I would have to look more closely at the game source code and how the game servers are set up before I could promise anything.

What we were thinking of was:

Something similar to GameTracker; when you play on the PUG game servers, if you kill 10 people on the name "Example" and if you kill 11 people on the name "Examplee" it would create 2 different types of data, because they are different names. But we thought that if there was a way to make it so that the PUG bot would know the different names on the Dplogin account, all problems would be fixed.. But unfortunately, we don't see anyway of doing that at the moment.

After talking to jitspoe, I think we might be able to find a solution that could track stats by DP account, rather than by the name you're using at the moment.  :)

So yeah, we're thinking of doing as you suggested, a PUG bot where a person wanting a game to be setup types "!pug 3 CTF" (the 3 meaning 3vs3) and the Channel topic will change saying "Now registering players, type .ready to join". Once the full 6 players have joined, the PUG bot will message the registered players with the server information, including password and login (It will be a PUG server, not servers such as OTB or 3iob). On the server, you cannot change teams and guntemp will be turned off.

Just for clarification, a network bot with this functionality would likely not care what the server settings were.  I think ideally, we would offer a service where people could register their own servers, maybe input basic server information so players would know what to expect, and then players could reserve them.  At least, I gather from XtremeBain's post that it would be useful to open up a service like this to the community.

I would like to see an example of what a current reservation bot does, though.

As we said, this is still in discussion. But at the moment, that's the plan. Some people have also been suggesting a DP League hosted by GlobalGamers, and GlobalGamers said they will try and do both of these things for DP.

Yay, league!  :)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 12:31:15 PM »

Just for clarification, a network bot with this functionality would likely not care what the server settings were.  I think ideally, we would offer a service where people could register their own servers, maybe input basic server information so players would know what to expect, and then players could reserve them.  At least, I gather from XtremeBain's post that it would be useful to open up a service like this to the community.

I would like to see an example of what a current reservation bot does, though.

The server !match bots typically work like this:

- Pick an IP:Port from the list of configured servers
  - Check if it was reserved already in the last x minutes, if it was skip to next server
  - Send UDP packet to IP:Port with contents ÿÿÿÿstatus (0xFFFFFFFFstatus)
    - Parse the results that you read back for the numplayers value (they are in pairs.. like \servername\This is my server name.\numplayers\0\...)
    - If the server is occupied, try the next one on the list
    - If the server is empty send UDP with RCON commands:
      - ÿÿÿÿrcon <rcon_password> set oppass1 "<random_login>"
      - ÿÿÿÿrcon <rcon_password> set password "<random_password>"
      - Msg this info to the requester, and give them a quick-connect they can copy (/connect <ip>:<port>; password <random_password>)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »
Alright, so there was just a big flamefest on IRC about this...

Basically it got out that a league was being done, but not for a while since a PUG bot was first priority. Then the rage about how a PUG bot is nowhere near as good as a league. We've had pugbots, and really they don't get used. But I was told: The community Prefered the idea of PUG's then a League. So, say they both tracked your kdr, grabs/caps etc.. Which do you think should be the priority, and the other one worked on after? Just add it in to whatever you post.

-BTW: It turned out to be false, and they didn't have any prioirty atm, they just want ideas. I just want to see if most people have the same opinion that a succesfull league would be better, or if people rather be able to have PUG's with a PUGbot and script etc.

LoreOfSerpents

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »
BTW: It turned out to be false, and they didn't have any prioirty atm, they just want ideas. I just want to see if most people have the same opinion that a succesfull league would be better, or if people rather be able to have PUG's with a PUGbot and script etc.

Just to emphasize this:

Global Gamers is absolutely not prioritizing one over the other.

Our top priorities right now are the updates we've been working on for the past couple of months.  The user-side of the updates will most likely be finished this weekend, but the staff-side of the updates (the updates that make life easier for GG staff) won't be.

What we're looking at is the possibility of adding DP developments to one of our next rounds of updates.  We definitely want to know which idea has a higher priority to the general DP community, but other ideas are also welcome, because we can sometimes sneak in the small ideas when they don't take very long to code.  :)

Big ideas (like the league and the PUG bot) will take longer.  Three months from now would be optimistic for completing either project.  A lot of planning/consultation will go into them to make sure we don't screw your ideas up too badly, so please keep thinking of suggestions.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 07:00:47 PM »
After talking to jitspoe, I think we might be able to find a solution that could track stats by DP account, rather than by the name you're using at the moment.  :)

Good luck.  I think I proposed a functionality to query the Global Login Database for such things about.. umm.. 2 years ago?  But adding footstep sounds to the game improved DP so much that this wasnt a priority :(

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »
Good luck.  I think I proposed a functionality to query the Global Login Database for such things about.. umm.. 2 years ago?  But adding footstep sounds to the game improved DP so much that this wasnt a priority :(

Is it up on the feature vote?  Surface-specific sounds was pretty high on the list, plus I already had the recordings, so I implemented it.  I can't do everything at once.

shep

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 11:30:42 PM »
league myers

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 11:14:01 AM »
myers jigsaw and dystro are not 3iob they are not the only members representing that clan. the reason i banned was for creating pointless drama and trying to say that i share my account. if that is a power trip then it is.

now to the important stuff. matches will not attract newbies. if you want to attract newbies u will have to be nice to every newbie in the pub and explain how irc works vent/teamspeak and help them out. if you get killed by a newb and you go and say ROFL, LMFAO GOT KILLED BY A NOOB. that is degrading and pathetic on your end. instead say ns.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 01:51:56 PM »
vLaD: What would you like GlobalGamers to do about that then? Offer lessons to the DP Community on how to be nice? ;D ;D

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »
vLaD: What would you like GlobalGamers to do about that then? Offer lessons to the DP Community on           now                     to be nice? ;D ;D

kyuuchi do you mean how?

stupid euro.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »
lol yes. and newbie training into dp like a help center. explaining any questions. !how to go* fast* or fly*
and it says strafe jump use a or d to while moving and time your jumping.
vLaD: What would you like GlobalGamers to do about that then? Offer lessons to the DP Community on how to be nice? ;D ;D

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »
OR maybe get friends in real life, then be like "yo, i play this game called Digital Paintball. It is Cool check it out" then they start playing and tell there friends, then there friends tell there friend, then there friends tell there friends

THEN BAM!!!! Dp2 is ON FIRE!!!! or Kyuuchi or who ever could stop trying to build there popularity and start doing stuff not talking about it,
Also all of what kyuuchi is doing in this thread is saying he is gonna do something but as must of us should know that kyuuchi isnt going to do anything but post in here saying "so we are gonna blaa blaa blaa" then a couple weeks later. "oh sorry guys i couldnt do the tourney i was to busy mowing my lawn"

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:34 PM »
OR maybe get friends in real life, then be like "yo, i play this game called Digital Paintball. It is Cool check it out" then they start playing and tell there friends, then there friends tell there friend, then there friends tell there friends

THEN BAM!!!! Dp2 is ON FIRE!!!! or Kyuuchi or who ever could stop trying to build there popularity and start doing stuff not talking about it,
Also all of what kyuuchi is doing in this thread is saying he is gonna do something but as must of us should know that kyuuchi isnt going to do anything but post in here saying "so we are gonna blaa blaa blaa" then a couple weeks later. "oh sorry guys i couldnt do the tourney i was to busy mowing my lawn"

Kyuuchi is trying to help out. Leave him alone. He is not actually organising the tournies or such, he was just posting for GG.

A trivia bot in-game pl0x. PLEASE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 10:09:56 AM »

RoBbIe, please don't come in here trying to create a flame-fest or something.. And RoBbIe, at least I'm trying to help the DP Community by organizing events and trying to make things better. I'm not the best IRC Scripter, or php coder. If I was, then I would take these ideas into my own ideas, and try and do something. But unfortunately I can't.

Now, me and ButtaKnife were just randomly talking one time and it somehow came to DP. He said that he, on behalf of GlobalGamers, would like to help DP get a little spark back into the game. Like leagues or better IRC features. I came up with a few ideas, but could not take responsibility for everyones opinion. Which is why I came to the official forums and asked for your ideas. I, would of never came up with a good idea like skitzo's, which is why the community was asked.
I then asked ButtaKnife if he would like me to create a topic for them, he agreed, I asked him what I should put, I did it, and thats how this thread came up. Perhaps this is posting for GlobalGamers, and perhaps I am wrong doing this. But it just makes ButtaKnifes life alot easier. It's the small things that can make a big difference. ButtaKnife has a life to, just like you and me. He has a lot of things on his mind already, which is why I offered to help. As I said, it's a small thing that has made a small difference.
If some people won't believe what I have said on behalf of GlobalGamers, then what do you want me to do? Get an "official letter" from ButtaKnife saying that I was trying to help?

As for some of the tournaments, I have a life. It's amazing isn't it RoBbIe? Some of the tournaments just didn't generate enough interest of the DP Community, and others just conflicted with my family life, deaths and such. Nobody is perfect RoBbIe.. Just remember that. And by the way, what have you ever done for the community thats good?

And just so you know RoBbIe, I'm not wanting you to reply to these comments. It'll just into a flamefest and I don't want this thread to be ruined and locked.

Have a nice day.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 03:10:26 PM »
Why would i try to start a flamefest, im hardly ever even on this site, i was just expressing my feeling in this thread, WHAT A PARADOX, i just cant wrap my mind around someone wanting to post something negative against you! I mean cmon all you do is good and benefits this community so much,

P.s Keep uploading your sexy pics, which reminds me i need some more lotion.........