Author Topic: Beta Maps Server  (Read 1352 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Beta Maps Server
« on: March 09, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »
I'm thinking of setting up a server dedicated to providing a testing ground for mappers.  Since the EV1 servers have a web server built in (though I haven't set it up), I was thinking it would be cool to have some way people could provide feedback on maps directly from the game.  The simplest solution I could think of would be to log all of the chat messages to a file based on the map name, then set up a php script that would read these files so mappers could review them.  Does this sound like a good idea?

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Beta Maps Server
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 08:38:48 PM »
Yes.
But I'm pretty sure that reviewing 'HAX! HAX! HAX!' won't help them much on their mapping journey.

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 01:07:32 PM »
I'd hope that the beta server could be pworded and only fellow developers / mappers / experienced players would be beta testing maps WITH the mapper present... that situation would be ideal... and in that situation, there wouldn't be much irrelevant talk going on...

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 03:45:50 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:55:20 AM by Dirty_Taco »

JR

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 10:41:53 AM »
But whos to say that how much expierence you need to have the password.  Or if some kick ass mapper just joined the community and knows a hell of alot more than other mappers about mapping and such. Whats opensource without it being open to all.