Author Topic: How NOT to be a noob....  (Read 2755 times)

play3r1

• VM-68
How NOT to be a noob....
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »
Ok, I just have a few tips on how NOT to be a noob, BUT I think this is a topic that everyone can feel free to add some of their tips as well. Despite the subject, this doesn't necessarily apply to noobs, a lot of it is good advice which many of you should add to. I'm not perfect, I admit that I have committed the following faults, but I'm breaking those habits.

*Don't throw smoke grenades in your own base just to find get rid of it so you can have a paint grenade, that's annoying to your teammates. While I agree that it's better to carry a paint grenade than a smoke grenade, there's a better alternative: press "6" on your keyboard. That allows you to drop it instead of initiating it, which can really piss off your teammates if it's in their base. So yes, press "6" to drop smoke nades. I great example of this is anubis, where everyone starts out in a small room that's full of grenades, it's always impossible to see in there because of noobs.

*Don't send the flag back home when it's in a more inconvenient spot to access. Ok, when I say sending the flag home, I mean touching the team flag to send it back to the base. All the time, I see someone shooting a guy with a flag in which the flag ends up in a hidden, or harder-to-get spot, and then sends it home. This shouldn't always be done, THEY KNOW when it's at the base, but if it's hidden, that makes it hard for them to grab, so don't interfere with that hiding spot. I've seen matches lost because of noobs doing this. The only time you should send it home is when it's conveniently closer to their base. This is a tough habit to break, but also a crucial habit to break, so really work on it.

*Don't send the flag home when it only moved 2 inches. I see ALL the time someone from the other team touch our flag and immediately get shot, so the flag has only moves an insignificant distance. Then some noob immediately stop what he's doing and goes and "sends the flag home". Don't do that, it makes no difference, and our team could benefit from you doing something else!

Rocky

• Autococker
Re: How NOT to be a noob....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:04:20 AM »
who gives a ph3n1x if u return flag in a pub ?

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »
Darn, i just lost in a pub because a noob sent the flag back home, i'm really pissed =/

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
the more competitive we become in a pub, the more skill we acquire in teamwork and skill overall.

when you don't try in a pub, i would consider it a waste of time. because your overall game play does not improve. also the only reason you play this game is because of competition you find the fun in competition. and you don't get the teamwork skills and learning the map that the competition mode provides.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:55:25 PM by vLaD »

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:12:31 AM »
- try to play on a 60s respawn server. You couldnt learn the gameplay on these speedservers or low respawn servers

play3r1

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »
Hey, who got the idea I was referring to pubs? This is advice that applies to all gameplay. And whether you suck on a private server or a pub, why would you want yourself or your teammates to suck in the first place? I guess if you just don't care, then just don't even bother playing. Be ignorant if you want.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 12:53:03 PM »
i only play on 60 second respawn servers. 99% Americans do. i enjoy that type of game play way more. usually what game mode you start playing when you first tried the game that will be the best one for you. 

Leriq

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 02:04:06 PM »
OTB speed for life.

kazee

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 03:16:27 PM »
If you're talking about matches, why would you play with someone with a much lower skill level then you. How do these 'noobs' get into the private servers, being a match/scrim/etc.  Almost everyone that goes onto private servers are not noobs so I don't see your logic saying this is not just about pubs.  Also all of the topics you discussed are usually actions by beginners.  And i don't see how returning a flag is a bad thing.  If you return then you're entire team knows where it is, which is more important then it being hidden.  If this pisses you off then you might not be far off from a noob yourself.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »
Cmon guys he's just trying to be helpful. Little guy is adorable if you ask me.

Leriq

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »
Henrod is really adorable.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 01:43:43 AM »
Kazee actually has a valid point on flag return. I don't know how many times I have heard "where is the flag" over vent during matches. I would rather know that the flag is where it should be so I can anticipate the path of the next person who grabs it rather than sitting mid looking everywhere just to find out he is already capping.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 06:15:50 AM »
flip ur bad at the game anyway so stop talking about things u know nothing about like gameplay ;)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 06:25:39 PM »
Ssshhh don't tell anyone that. They won't want to be my friends now.

Props

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 06:37:11 AM »
You're a noob if the flag gets touched. 2 and 3 are nullified.