Author Topic: please be intelligent  (Read 1840 times)

Herron

• VM-68
please be intelligent
« on: April 10, 2006, 03:19:04 PM »
So I began mapping last night at 2:30 am and I successfully built a room with 4 walls, a floor, a sky, and some weird floating box that was[n't] intentional.  But you know what else I did right that more and more map makers today don't?

** I MADE THE SPAWNS FACE THE RIGHT DIRECTION.  Nothing is more annoying to me than facing the wrong way when you spawn.  That's .25 seconds I could be moving forward and rushing to the middle... and what's worse, is usually these maps have the following problem as well...

** I didn't make stupid piles of gear that sometimes don't spawn on time if you start the round immediately running forward, and therefore you magically don't get a gun or hopper, or by chance pick up the ammo before the hopper and end up with only 40 ammo which then screws everyone else over because I'm a newbie and I run over all the other piles, sometimes while shooting my gun to change my co2 because I don't know any better.  Instead, I made my guys SPAWN WITH THE EQUIPMENT THAT YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY SUPPOSED TO PICK UP.  It was surprisingly easy.  Personally, I prefer maps where you have to go pick up the guns away from the spawn, but if you're absolutely dead set on everyone spawning with/ontopof equipment, please just make them spawn with it.

Now it's time to make that weird floating box go away...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: please be intelligent
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 03:21:32 PM »
** I didn't make stupid piles of gear that sometimes don't spawn on time if you start the round immediately running forward, and therefore you magically don't get a gun or hopper, or by chance pick up the ammo before the hopper and end up with only 40 ammo which then screws everyone else over because I'm a newbie and I run over all the other piles, sometimes while shooting my gun to change my co2 because I don't know any better.  Instead, I made my guys SPAWN WITH THE EQUIPMENT THAT YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY SUPPOSED TO PICK UP.  It was surprisingly easy.  Personally, I prefer maps where you have to go pick up the guns away from the spawn, but if you're absolutely dead set on everyone spawning with/ontopof equipment, please just make them spawn with it.

THANK YOU!!!

Mappers should be shot for for putting gear at the spawn point.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 10:59:39 PM »
Herron, you win.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 11:49:58 PM »
Herron I agree. Despite map, why give the advantage to anyone (regarding equipment) Period. That cant be said of current "high"opinions.

Sorry I dumbed your post down but, I agree this is the best way.

So when did Eiii agreee to have equal guns / equipment spawned with players?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 12:11:18 AM »
I disagree with the lines of stuff put in front of spawns/in bases. I also disagree with having the pgp. :P Putting weapons on the map is fine, though.

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
Spawns and similar tid bits should be caught in beta testings... idk... that's just excrement that should be caught.  A saying that the DP community disregards: If you're going to map, do it right.  I have almost half a gig of maps... 90% worthless...

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 07:55:46 PM »
Then delete 90%. :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 12:52:25 AM »
Indeed.  If everybody would delete all the crappy maps, perhaps they'd just disappear forever.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 08:46:26 AM »
I don't play on them, which cuts my play time down to about less than once a week, but that's okay too.