Author Topic: The pbcup Cup?  (Read 2029 times)

Reed

• VM-68
The pbcup Cup?
« on: June 01, 2006, 05:03:37 PM »
Just had an idea about kind of a side tournament for pbcup, just to add to the experience of the whole thing.

How about the Pbcup Cup, lol.

Basically most sports have a regular league, and a cup which is open to all teams (rather than the playoffs).

I thought maybe we could use maps such as mirage, KAOS, and psychotic. We could also encourage the development of some new maps of this sort as the community is definitely lacking.

Depending on how many teams enter pbcup the winner of the 4 on 4 goes straight to the final, and the second place advances to the next round (if there are enough teams).

Its just an idea, it gives teams something different to aim for and each round could probably be played and completed in 25 minutes. To combat the ping differences we could have two cups per season? One on a Euro server, and one on an American server. We could even use it as a pre-season warm up cup.

The beauty of the thing is that any team can win it, even the most inexperienced sides can capitalise on the fact that there are 4 teams.

If you think this idea has any potential I would be happy to help organise and referee it, let me know.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: The pbcup Cup?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:02:57 PM »
I think the 4-team mode and maps need some work before we can do any serious competing on them.  Almost all 4-team maps are 1-path maps that offer little gameplay value, and the way the scoring currently works, it's fairly frequent that a team takes all of the points in a round without even doing anything.  I should probably start up another thread about 4-team mode and get some suggestions as to how to make it more fair.

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:46:34 PM »
NA clans

1. cF
2. CC
3. team er33t
4. aB
5. Crossbones
6. Insane
7. [DeF]
Euro Clans

1. dop
2. memi

Others ( can decide what clan they want to be)

1. rP
2. ch1ll

Maybe a little late but we just decided we want to participate.  [DeF]

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 06:29:30 AM »
Maybe a little late but we just decided we want to participate.  [DeF]
You can still sign up to the "real" PBCup.