Author Topic: Dplogin clans compared to mIRC clans.  (Read 2112 times)

CrazyCooter

• PGP
Dplogin clans compared to mIRC clans.
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:52:31 PM »
There are so many clans that are on dplogin compared to irc. Currently on irc, there's maybe 5 active clans. Maybe 6. The only clans i know that still match are .Ij. [CC] M3RK [kuc] [MLG] Noblexity and viateam. I think there should be a way to contact the clan leaders that are on dplogin and tell them about the irc scene. It should more than help dp get active again. Cause if the clan leaders know about irc and the other clans that use it, then i'm sure they wouldn't mind using it to get matches. Plus, the clan leader will more than likely tell his members about it and have them download it and use it. Pretty much, we should just try and notify some of the high member clans and get them involved with irc. dp isn't fun if there isn't anyone to play.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Dplogin clans compared to mIRC clans.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 03:01:49 PM »
Like you said, they are not active. Why waste the time if they are not even playing? Most of those clans you see listed are pub clans with kids running around with a tag they created asking random people to join it. They join it to belong to something or brag. They do NOT actually plan to match or be really active. Feel free to dig through them and see how many have any contact info on their profile and try to contact a few. There are quite a few people still playing but half refuse to match the other half due to hacks, sportsmanship and time differences for everyone. Also our team is quite active as well. We just get tired of everyone's nonsense and take a little break here and there. Like most random players, team x plays to have fun and will not play versus people who impede upon that. Just the other day some person got their feelings hurt and banned a few members of our team from an irc channel. Childish. Why deal with it? The wonderful thing is I contacted the owner to the channel and had quite a positive experience.

CrazyCooter

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »
The clans i listed aren't really pub clans. a few of them are quite good clans. .Ij. has been around since before dplogin was created and cc a few weeks after .Ij. was created. All i really think is that we should just find a way to make this game somewhat active again. like all get together in an irc channel or something probably #paintball and brainstorm some ideas. just toss a few around. and about the banning thing :) the leader took care of that for good.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »
But the clans you listed are pretty much the only around...
Try and get more euro clans active on IRC, since clans like [4fo] have enough active people to make 3 active clans...

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 05:20:42 PM »
Just need to point out that CC was created quite awhile before Ij. Lul

As far as the idea, it's not terrible, but it really does nothing to play against pub clans.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
[4fo] actually match quite a lot, they have a "decent" team and play often, we just need to find a way to advertise DP or something...

CrazyCooter

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 05:50:21 PM »
Just need to point out that CC was created quite awhile before Ij. Lul

As far as the idea, it's not terrible, but it really does nothing to play against pub clans.
oh, i didn't know. wouldn't surprise me though. but yeah, playing pub " newbs " isn't that fun in all but when they play good players and teams, then im sure they'll get better. every single person in dp was a pub " newb " at some point in time.

CrazyCooter

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »
Idias, why don't you see if you can get ahold of one of them in 4fo and get them on irc. even if they have to use the one on dplogin to start off with.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »
Sorry CrazyCooter but you didn't understand what I was saying. The clans you listed are indeed not pub clans. I was addressing the ones you suggested we pm. Letting clans that actually play know about irc is the best thing you can do. It's almost as great as just addressing a complete public server when there are some players in it. Let them know people are there to help. You would be surprised at how many people don't even know how to type into the console. Try talking to random newbies. The best way is to make sure their ping is normal for the server to make sure they understand English. I taught a few people how to change there names this way.

Another reason some people don't stick around is because there is no active ranking system to work towards. In this day and age everyone wants to be the best. They strive to get to that level so they can talk down on others (i.e. the numerous hackers on here are proof of this). Without a ranking system and official match rules then there is no hope to draw in the competitive players we need to establish a solid match scene. With a few hard changes and the combined effort of this community we could probably accomplish this in a solid year but the honest truth is that we completely lack the unity for this to happen. That and the fact that jits just doesn't have the time to dedicate fully to this game as he once obviously did. He is just one person and all this stuff must be quite overwhelming at times. Most of his free time is sorting out cheating issues that it appears half of this community causes rather than try to keep the game they obviously love so much to cheat on afloat.