Author Topic: linux 0.29 client : crash : undefined symbol: _vsnprintf  (Read 11534 times)

vLaD

• Autococker
Re: linux 0.29 client : crash : undefined symbol: _vsnprintf
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 03:11:25 PM »
if someone has 9.10 please test it with that since its the newer built and more people will  be swapping over to that. preferably test it in the 64 bit since mostly everyone is or will be converting to 64

yossarianuk

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 12:48:05 PM »
vLaD, sorry I may be missing something here...

Test what ? The build 0.29 build is the same one that was released with the 'undefined symbol: _vsnprintf' bug in.

Is there a newer test build ?

I have ubuntu 9.10 (32+64bit) installed.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »
hmm i didnt have that issue, the only issue i had was that the alsa driver would not initiate properly. didn't work at all and when i moved it was jerky as hell.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 01:00:29 PM »
I think he just wants someone to tell him it works so that he can spam ubuntuforums.org about this awesome paintball game.. The linux client is about the most complicated game I've ever had to make work.. and the complexity keeps evolving with each build (no thanks to Viciouz ;))

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 01:25:34 PM »

[/quote]
I think he just wants someone to tell him it works so that he can spam ubuntuforums.org about this awesome paintball game.. The linux client is about the most complicated game I've ever had to make work.. and the complexity keeps evolving with each build (no thanks to Viciouz ;))

lol you got me there :)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 01:27:55 PM »

:(

Incase you haven't noticed, I added flags to add OGG support in the makefile and they're disabled by default so :( :( :( to you

yossarianuk

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 02:24:07 PM »
XtremeBain the client was working fine in 0.27 (apart from that odd crash..), i've been playing it (purely on linux) for a while now...

It is not the most complicated game to run at all, usually you have to do no more than

./paintball2    (or were you referring to the development)

My crash is the exact same as the original posters.

P.S although i have Ubuntu installed I do not use as my main system I am not going to spam the Ubuntu forums, I run arch as my main system (i'm not going to spam arch's either)  - it plays paintball faster than any other system i've tried..

And anyway do you not want more users ? (Linux users are more likely to have access to a server....)

smokeman

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 07:11:39 AM »
hey. please help me im a ubuntu user and i downloaded the game but when i double click on paintball2 executable file nothing happens. meaby i dont have the libs that it need. if so , where i can download those files. sorry my english:)

smokeman

• PGP
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
NOW I KNOW THAT I HAVE SAME PROBLEM

yossarianuk

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 01:13:29 PM »
Hi

It is best to start the game via command line or create a desktop link which launches the game, just double clicking on it may not work.

cd paintball2
./paintball2

I've stopped playing until the next version is released, you should use the older version 0.27 until the issue is fixed.

smokeman

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 03:46:37 AM »
cd paintball2
./paintball2

yeah i launched it from the command line and i cant play  build 0.27 becouse its not supported on the servers. does anybody know when 0.30 is coming. hope it works on linux. but thanks to jitspoe to he even made the linux version. ps: older versions work on singleplayer

smokeman

• PGP
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 08:07:08 AM »
when next build comes?

yossarianuk

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »
This is fixed is 0.30