Author Topic: Mini-Jumpmaps  (Read 1901 times)

Pimp

• VM-68
Mini-Jumpmaps
« on: April 10, 2006, 03:43:52 AM »
I created 10 small jumpmaps. They are little maps, often containing only one jump. I think they are a funny alternation to fightmaps and to big jumpmaps. So have fun, and every jump ist possible!

DOWNLOAD HERE

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 04:22:14 AM by Pimp »

bitmate

• Autococker
Re: Mini-Jumpmaps
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 04:25:39 AM »
I really like some of the maps!
Most of them are pretty easy, but I can't do pimp2.bsp...
I don't even have an idea how to get the flag there. I don't reach the middle pontoon.

Despite that, great work :)

oddjob

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 09:18:14 AM »
You should have made it just one big map with jumps like that so people didnt have to load up sepearate maps to d each jump. theres a map called castlebdpractice.bsp out there, and it has the castle bd jump and some of the pbcup jumps and a few other jumps I cant think of right now

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 11:30:22 AM »
I have never made the castle bd jump, or the newly found triple jump ( thanks XB)

Im sucha n00b >:(

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 12:58:17 PM »
It's not even a double or triple jump, just requires a good knowledge of speed angle and timing.
I was never a big fan of being able to perform jumps for the sake of doing them.
Any new jumps I find I make a point of mastering them to the point where I can use them effectively in matches to gain access to an alternate path and/or add an element of suprise.
There's lots of jumps which are impressive but yield very little advantage/purpose while matching, and I tend to shy away from mastering these ones.
These maps look like a collection of fundamental pieces of the jumping puzzle, I'll give it a quick run through once, but don't expect me to spend a whole lot of time on something like this.  People are far better off practicing their lines through maps. ;)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 08:42:24 AM »
Pimp nice... Did them all. I also made a DP jump map back in the day called c1 it has two flags and when u get the flag u cap it when u perform the last jump. Then you return to the spawn to do it all over again. I was at one time going to try to make a little tourny with jump maps like that but i totaly just forgot about it.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 10:43:43 AM »
Managed to do almost all of them, How do you take pics in-game so it doesnt have anything on it? do you just disable the hud and then use crosshair 15 or something so the crosshair isnt there?

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:21:15 AM »
Code: [Select]
cl_drawhud 0This disables the HUD and the crosshair as well.