Author Topic: Newmap pakistan_b3 - by sBi  (Read 1612 times)

sBi

• Stingray
Newmap pakistan_b3 - by sBi
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:07:05 AM »
Hi,
after a long time I finished this map.
This map has only two main wasy, in the middle of this map is bridge.
Maybe, on both of the sides are white barrels, what can be a problem for overview, but its hard on this map.
Teams: red, blue
Flags: 2 both sides

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: Newmap pakistan_b3 - by sBi
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »
Hm...

Very nice to see new maps. But there are other not finished maps from you. Don't make too many maps the same time. You can't spend enough time in all of your maps.

I will start with this map :) It looks good.

You should change the barrels to red/blue ones though, because there are no other team identifications in this map.

An other thing I don't like are two two flags for each team. Don't destroy all your maps with this (stupid) a-map-must-have-two-flags-for-each-team-trend. In some maps it's nice, but in most of those maps there is no need for it. Just a boring addition in my opinion.

Use "sky" "pbsky1" instead of "pbsky" "pbsky1" to fix the message while loading the map.

Use "givebarrel" "brass/chrome/steel" instead of "givebarrel" "bronze".

Here are some screenshots. You have to change the most things on both sides.

Align the rock texture in this place.

Here is a little hole. Looking ugly.

Rotate some faces here.

Aehm...looks horrible. Choose one colour. The mixed colour barrels are looking horrible too.

Align the standing barrel and the rock textures.

Put this box a little bit lower, that there isn't a small part of an other one.

All in all, the map is nothing special, but it looks nice and could be interesting to play. Keep on working.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Newmap pakistan_b3 - by sBi
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »
I don't like this map.  I played it on the beta server.  I was the only one who could get to the 2nd flag.  The other team would just camp the main flag (way too easy to do), so I would have to either repeatedly cap the 2nd flag with no resistance (boring), or kill everybody in the base and hope to survive the barrage of grenades (since the grenades spawn right in the camping spots) -- also not fun.

The map has some nice rock brush work, but, overall, it's difficult to navigate in critical areas, and the flag placement is poor.  A lot of the paths seem like they were made to be difficult just for the sake of being difficult (like blocking one path off with the barrel, and the ramp jump between the flags).  My suggestions:

- Move the main flag out into the middle of the room.
- Move the spawns around a bit (some of the spawns are facing the wall).
- Add more team color indicators.
- Remove the 2nd flag.
- Make the paths more accessible.
- Add a non-trick-jump path to the ice.
- Make the other paths more accessible (don't require trick jumps everywhere).

I've attached a demo with some suggestions as well, and the map is in rotation on the beta server.