Author Topic: Default fraglimit and timelimit  (Read 2130 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Default fraglimit and timelimit
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
Just opening this up for discussion - it seems like nobody ever sticks around for a full 20 minute map on the pub servers, and the most popular maps tend to maps where flag runs are super fast or there are multiple flags resulting in high-point captures.  I'm curious if people think the score limit and/or time limit for maps is too large.  It would be nice if people stayed through a full map before disconnecting.

idias

• Autococker
Re: Default fraglimit and timelimit
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »
Besides a couple of maps such as prolandr, tatras or most of jopezz maps, a lot of maps get played until the end of the timelimit. Then again that would depend on a lot of things like the balance of the teams playing... I'd just leave it as it is.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:15:43 PM »
a valid question, but i don't really have an opinion at this time. when i pub (not often these days, but i have no reason for that), i usually stay for longer than 1 map, but i understand that this game is populated by teenagers with 0 attention span. ;D

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »
Besides a couple of maps such as prolandr, tatras or most of jopezz maps, a lot of maps get played until the end of the timelimit. Then again that would depend on a lot of things like the balance of the teams playing... I'd just leave it as it is.
+1

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 05:51:19 AM »
This comes down to a lot of things.  The level of the players playing, the map, and can also be affected by flag settings, as well as revival times.  Its hard to tell what you'd change it to with all of these relating to it somehow.

Something I thought of though is letting the map designer choose his/her own timelimit, fraglimit, elim and such, so the map can be played as the designer has wanted it to be played.  This would obviously be incompatible with old maps, but I see it as a way of enhancing the gameplay of a particular map.  Obviously this could be flawed with people being idiotic with the limits, but restrictions could be set, plus it wouldn't make it through beta stages if it was completely messed up.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 10:59:01 AM »
Noooo, i dont want to play 5 hours or 5000 points on proland or tatras.
If we ever get a ranking system, make it, that it only counts on maps which are played completely (from the beginning to the end).

You don't need to change something. It's good like it is.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:33:41 AM »
The points and time limit is perfect. What kills most pubs is the respawn times. Look at the servers with low spawn times, they all are normally full or at least busy. There is one server that plays nothing but airtime 3 but people are always in it because of the spawn time.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »
spawn time
yeah 60 is a bit long. i think i set it to 40 in the pub config i wrote a short while ago.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 02:04:48 AM »
I wouldn't change anything.. not it's just perfect.