Author Topic: Just started playing  (Read 1135 times)

ElSeeDee

• PGP
Just started playing
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:08:55 AM »
... and I was wondering about cheat detection. I'm assuming that there are cheats "out there." Every game has them. So how are they identified and prevented? Or I could be wrong and since this is a free game, we play at our own risk, so to speak.

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: Just started playing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:51:11 AM »
Hi,
Yes, there's a cheat detection. They're identified when playing with them by jitspoe's detector. Well I don't know if prevention is the right word, but if you play with cheats you'll get banned for some time. I'd recommend you also to avoid giving cheats to anyone, because it means 1024 days ban for cheat disitribution.

ElSeeDee

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:20:17 AM »
sweet. Played a lot of the BF series, and knew they used an authentication server. Just wanted to know... before I start yelling "cheetz!!!" and "hax!!!!"  :)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »
Welcome to the community and game. Feel free to search for "guide to mIRC" and join us there as well. Once there you can get help with the many voice programs we use to socialize and find information about teams/clans.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:08:37 PM »
The game does have its own cheat detection, but if you ever see someone who is quite clearly hacking, or you think is hacking, the best thing to do is record a demo and post it here on the forums. Jitspoe made a great post detailing how to do this;
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=1840.0
Hope you enjoy the game!