Author Topic: Question about DP creation  (Read 1499 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
Question about DP creation
« on: November 23, 2010, 09:14:20 AM »
I would like to know where did the pak0.pak go or what is it? i have oportunity to play quake 2 on my phone (n900) but it needs pak0.pak which you get from the installation. I was wondering if there is any way i could make pak0.pak from DP because as i know ( i hope i am right =) ) the DP is based on quake 2 and it was a mod for it.
Well i dont even know what pak0.pak is because i never played q2 before.
Thanks for any clue,help

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Question about DP creation
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:38:26 AM »
pak0.pak is the Quake 2 main game archive. When DP was a mod you'd have needed this to play. However now DP has all of its own resources, pak0.pak is no longer needed. The only way to get what you need is from the original Quake 2.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
OK
But i would like to play DP not quake 2 on my mobile. Is there any way to implement DP into quake 2 (maybe the newest build? :) )? Hm the question sounds a bit crazy when DP is based on quake 2 :D. Well i just want to say that i need DP that includes pak0.pak is there any possibility to get it? Or do i have just download the quake 2 and put in DP old version where DP was "only" mod?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »
The only version of DP you can play with a normal Q2 engine is the old mod version. Even so, using the mod version you wouldn't be able to connect to current servers to play online so it would be pretty dull. And you couldn't even run around on maps cause the gamecode would have to be recompiled. So I think you're out of luck.

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
Oh, I tried to play it on my android (Samsung I5800). It doesn't work :(

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
Pity :/
Well i will try to port the PB for my phone(Linux ARM distribution - Maemo 5) but idk about that i have never tried something like that.
Anyway thanks for help
I think thread is closed now(if i succeed porting the game i will surely post it but apparently i won't :D)