Author Topic: The Topic Formerly Known as the Topic Formerly Known As Server Questions  (Read 951 times)

bug

• 68 Carbine
Oy. Questions I've had about servers:

(Server) Is there a way to...
Disable lava? (ANSWERED)
Load ALL maps with a specified game mode? (ANSWERED)
Load ALL maps with a specified gravity? (Gravity is reset with each map) (ANSWERED)
Immediately change to the next map in rotation, like a "newmap rotation next" or something like that?

(Mapping) Worldcraft Questions
Whenever I try to change the flags for a texture, they always get reset as soon as I apply them, so I can't customize anything unless the texture is preset with those values. Help, please?

(Other)
What is match mode, how is it enabled, and what does it do? (ANSWERED)

Thanks in advance!
-ROCK
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 01:42:45 PM by bug »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Lava: No.  Isn't bombsaway about the only map with it anyway?
Game mode: Yes.  "g_forcedgamemode" lets you set a game mode for each map, though the map has to support it, ie g_forcedgamemode pong.
Gravity: No.  Gravity is map-specific and is specified by the worldspawn in the map (or defaulted to 800).

Mapping: I don't use WC.

Match mode: There are several match related commands and settings.  If "allow_match" is set to 1, it means people can use the "match" command.  The user specifies a password and login pass with the command.  There's also a matchmode command which sets standard match settings, such as disabling autojoin.  You can override these settings with a config file specified by the matchmode_cfg cvar.

bug

• 68 Carbine
Thanks for the information, I guess all the people complaining about dying from lava in jump maps will have to live with it ;)