Author Topic: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.  (Read 9786 times)

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
Re: Envy, I'm contacting your ISP.
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »
It's not hard to get around ip banns.  There are ways to change your ip and dosen't dial-up change everytime you reconnect?  Like this kid came in my server and started talking and he knew gotchas real name.  So we checked his ip to see if it was anybody gotcha knew and it was totally different from anybodies he knew.  But it turned out to be one of his friends.  His ip changed.  Also you can connect through proxy servers to get around ip banns.  If that's what he is using try to get proxy companies to not give him service.  But other than that you really can't do anything.

Qoo

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 07:10:58 PM »
I have adsl and my IP changes frequently, but seriously, most proxies would make you way too laggy.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 07:44:40 AM »
you can not connect to dp servers through your typical proxy, like you can when visiting web sites or irc..

bug

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 07:55:58 AM »
KnacK, there are several Quake2 proxy hacks that will connect you to a proxy INSIDE the game before connecting to a server. An IP ban will foil most 10-year-old kids, but with some hack googling, you can get around it.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 09:04:15 AM »
RIght, but those proxies run on your pc usually.  That wont affect/change your ip.

Qoo

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »
I wonder how well something like tor would work with it.

I don't think I ever get a fast enough circuit though  :-\

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 02:11:22 PM »
The proxies you use to connect to websites are HTTP, and dp is UDP as far as I know..so really without some kind of proxy hack you'd be intercoursed. But honestly, who wants to go through all that trouble just to play a game?

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 03:19:35 PM »
There are lots of proxies that cover UDP and HTTP, some TOR proxies even cover almost all ports and stuff so you can play games through a proxy, comes in handy when you are on a public network like a library, school, or Panera Bread.  :P

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 03:53:07 PM »
After reading the majority of this post and picking up the vibe that most people are in disbelief that an ISP will take action against cheating.  Jitspoe and Blitz are both correct when stating that by violating the licence agreement of a game and using their connection to connect to a multiplayer server in order ot use an exploit/cheat an ISP will terminate your connection.  An example of this would be when the irc network Paintball usies glined all of Bellsouth because someone was evading bans (breaking the user agreement which you agree too when connecting) ETG contacted bellsouth and in turn they terminated the conenction of several users.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 06:19:07 PM »
Thank you. ATT is very stringent on such matters if the legal department is involved. I have the number for the Asset and Protection department, that would be your first step in seeking legal issues. Not only that I have a family memeber who is SR-VP of 'customer events' who would be glad to look at any legitmate concern and direct you with the authority of an officer.

As stated before they will ban your billing address from having any internet connection. It can be done.

Qoo

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 06:20:02 PM »
People have complained about my tos violations to my isp before, I never even heard a word from them to ask me to stop.  More serious than cheating in a game too.

Then again I am on one of the worst ISPs  ;)

MaDMaN

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 07:22:13 AM »
i dont see why ppl are still doing this, it happend more than 30 days ago.. he is off the ban, and he dont hack no more, I should know, i deleted them when i had his harddrive when his computer got fried,
           Jitspoe, would u happen to know why he gets lag spikes every 10-15 min, he has the biostar Nfroce or T-Force board, nvidia 7600GT, 1.5gbs of OCZ ram, amd athlon 4400+ toledo core?? It does it on every game...

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2006, 12:49:49 PM »
nobody is going to help someone who hacked that much?...