Author Topic: newmap dcl_b1 by sBi  (Read 2288 times)

sBi

• Stingray
newmap dcl_b1 by sBi
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:24:34 AM »
Beta 1

Hello,
This map is large with many small roads which lead to mid hight or mid low.
teams: red, blue
2 flags for each side (base low and base window)
r_speeds LOW ::.

bb sBi

Download"
http://www.uloz.to/8145582/dcl-b1-bsp

sBi

• Stingray
Re: newmap dcl_b1 by sBi
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
screens:

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »
sBi belongs to new generation of map makers!

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 01:38:22 PM »
I love the level of detail you pack into the mid room, both looks great and should play great too. I'm not a fan of the claustrophobic corridors however they seem fairly easy to navigate. Keep up all the good work with all your maps :D

The screenshot shows a random gap in some of the mid terrain. Also, the sky textures are not included, where can they be downloaded?

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
Map is online @ [OTB] Beta (83.169.4.183:22222).

Here is the sky:

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 03:53:48 AM »
I'm a little bit shocked when I saw the map. Most of your maps are very nice and good mapped and I really like them, but I never thought that you would fix a leak with adding a skybox around the map... This is horrible.

I would also like to see more source lighting instead of light entities. The colored light entities are ok, the other ones are very bad and looking ugly imo.

Add a "_sun_angle" "# #" if you are using sun lighting. I don't know a good value for this sky, because it's new for me. Try to figure it out by yourself. Maybe it's easier to set a higher light value for the time you search the correct sun angle.

You should also think about adding clip brushes all over the map.

Don't use water surfaces at different heights.

Please add "angle" "#" to the player spawns.

Hey, come one, it's not your first map. Put a little bit more effort in it. Also you should really try to improve and finish some of your other maps before starting map after map, you won't ever finish. Working on 10 maps at the same time can indeed do not go well.

I'll post more detailed feedback and screenshots after you fixed all of this stuff.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 06:41:59 AM by Chef-Killer »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »
I couldn't get the download to work.  Could you post this as an attachment?  From the screenshots, it looks like you're using a Quake2 sky, which is copyrighted and can't be distributed.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 10:05:09 AM »
Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/beta/dcl_b1.bsp

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
I actually rather like this map.  With a few tweaks, I think it could be really good.  I have 2 demos attached.  The first is just my typical feedback demo, and the second is gameplay (played on the beta server).  It's often useful to watch other people play your map so you can see areas that need improvement.

My top suggestions:
- Fix the rocks that are easy to get caught up on.
- Add a ladder or something on the ice path (inexperienced players get stuck there).
- Make the paths out of the base more obvious (easy to run in circles).
- On the path that wraps around to the ice, it's possible to double jump onto the plant barrel and get out.  I'd add a ladder or basic jump with some kind of indicator that shows that as a base exit.
- Make the non-trick-jump path to the 2nd flag more obvious, and maybe add a direct basic jump path to it.
- Use a sky texture that's not copyrighted.

Edit: And if you don't feel like working on it anymore, pass it to the mapping committee.  I'd like to see it finished.