Author Topic: NewMap: Training Camp (beta 4)  (Read 4353 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
Re: NewMap: Training Camp (beta 4)
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 08:18:43 AM »
Online @ [OTB] Beta (83.169.4.183:22222).

Can you remove the red marked brushes, that a player can walk there without crouching?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 03:26:02 AM »
Put this up on the beta server and played it.  It was actually pretty fun.  The gameplay with the low barrels in the middle worked out pretty well (lots of crouching and arcing balls over to hit people).  Crouching under the forts was fun, too.

Since the short barrels look kind of bad, I would just scale the entire barrel down (32 units tall, radius of 12, scale texture by .5).  It would also allow you to be able to move in between the barrels under the forts, which would be nice.

Some of the bunkers in the middle need the border textures rotated.  Also, if I recall correctly, the windows were too low to provide much cover while standing, but too high to shoot through while crouched.

On the top area, some of the boxes are too close to the wall -- looks like you can walk by them, but you can't.

Only part I don't like is the base - it's way too easy to defend the flag, as there's only one tiny opening to get to it.  At the moment, most people are distracted trying to jump up the pillars, but if people play it seriously, getting a flag capture would be almost impossible.

Visually the map looks OK, but adding some natural shapes to the rocks so everything isn't just all flat walls would help a lot.

PM me if you need the login for the beta server so you can play test your map.

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »
@ Terrorist - I can remove them. ;)

@ Jitspoe -
1st. Thx for the reply ^^
2nd. The barrels look nice like they are, bcz i tryed to eddit them and it didn't work(that's the best i could do)
3rd. About the windows, you'r right, but that doesn't bother bcz it works fine like it is. Btw, you can go few steps back and shoot trough them while crouching
4th.About the boxes on the top, i made that so it would be easyer to kill someone who is hiding up
5th. About the base. I thought that too, i just might delete the glass(like Cheff told me)

Btw, everyone who played this map didn't complain about these things, maybe you'r (the map comitee) too strickt.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »
I've attached a .map with 32x24 barrels.  You should just be able to copy/paste these, keep the textures locked, and move them wherever you want (space bar to clone).

We're not complaining.  We're just providing constructive criticism to help make the map better.