Author Topic: New Marker  (Read 3741 times)

PGPSandman

• Stingray
New Marker
« on: May 24, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »
O.K. I have mentioned this in 2 previous posts and decided heck ill make it. So here it is, the original Splatmaster Marker. (im old skool real paintball player we say Marker instead of gun, keeps the naggin people off our backs)

Here is the .jpg I made this in Sketchup so its a .skp file.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
Re: New Marker
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:17:22 AM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:09:55 PM by frugglepajamas »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »
Like Spain said, what will be the difference between a pgp and this 'marker'?

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »
the splatmaster was not a pump, it was a rear bolt cocking mechanism, only used 12 gram CO2 and had a 10 shot max fill. So all that in consideration, make sure you aim and keep spare CO2 with you. I would make the setup for the splatmaster to this spec for some real hard game playing. Heck if you made it I would gladly make a map I think it would go good with. It would bring some of the "make your shots count" rules in paintball here.

Side Note: I also have a render for the old classic "cigar tube" 10 shot fill to go with this as well instead of the 40+ boxes. I like DP2 so much this is why I thought to add this classic gun as well. Kick it around a bit, think about it some, I sure would like to toy with it.

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
looks nice, but isn't 10 shots a little bit to short?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 12:31:33 PM »
Despite your goodlooking work, I'm sorry to say that I don't see much added value compared to the PGP we have now. The only "game mode" which would work out work with 10 balls only, is 1v1. A PGP works for 1v1's as well.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »
Yeah there's no real gameplay for that marker. The games too fast paced for most people to survive and play a round for longer than ten shots with a pgp if they're good with it. Plus there's too much ammo in maps anyways, that even a smaller hopper wouldn't matter since ammo is readily available anyways.

I really like the enthusiasm though, a lot more than anyone else gives around here.

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 11:53:25 PM »
Well I can use it someother way im sure, any other markers they are interested in? I am also dabbling in map making a bit, when I have one I think is ok ill post it, learning the formats here. Lots of 3d and art tools here myself and been using Unity, 3DRad, Silent Walk2 and trying Unreal SDK.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 08:05:59 AM »
If you worked on higher detail versions of the existing markers to replace them, that would be awesome :D

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »
If you worked on higher detail versions of the existing markers to replace them, that would be awesome :D

this x1000

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 11:53:59 AM »
OK you got it  ;D

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
OK you got it  ;D

Ah dude, I really like your attitude towards this game! I'm glad you have joined this community ^^.

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »
My first big thing id love to do if possible is use terrains similar in layout appearance with Terragen. Is this a proposed plan for the future or sticking with the original layout? It would be so easy that way since you can set the size of the map, adjust heights and then poof full terrain, add your buildings and what not to that. You know no matter what made it ... it CAN be converted to ANY file format with the right tools. I am still reading and learning the DP2 setup myself and anything I see easy to mod ill post a suggestion and even if need offer the help to make it.