Author Topic: Newmap: Micmac  (Read 7153 times)

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
Re: Newmap: Micmac
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »
Haven't had any feedback for b2 yet, so i'm still wondering where to go with it... Feedback would be much appreciated. Or maybe I should move on and leave this map?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »
Sorry, didn't had enough time to post new feedback yet.

But personally I like b1 more than b2 for some reason. Don't know why exactly.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
That's no problem. Thanks  and yeah, I can understand that. I just tried to make it more interesting but maybe im going about it wrong...  Suggestions?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 02:56:05 AM »
 I don't know b1 so I can't comment which is better.

Not a bad map. Looks a little bit complex, so needs 2 adequate teams to have a fun match. Nothing wrong with that I guess.
I for one didn't like the ice jump up the ramp through some tiny cap, I also didn't like the brightness. It especially felt 'off' when sun was directly to grass. Tha and the combination of light walls made the strain to the eyes quite obvious. I think I'm using default everything (textures, brightness, etc), so maybe there's a gap there?

There is a bug on the wall. Ice, next to the ramp on the blue side (the ramp to grass).
There is a bug on the high base or whatever. Where there is a gap on the wall. You can jump there and can get stuck.
I can provide ss's if you don't get what I mean.
There is a bug with some of the spawns -  facing walls.
The gap on the base wall - can fall into that and get stuck.

All those models you added were a nice touch, except for the rope thingie, didn't quite get that :D

Bases. Base is huge, good visibility, lots of entrances. But at the same time the flag looks quite 'random'. If you manage to take the flag, you can take a fast exit to ice, up the rope, or to mid. If the enemy was camping and you succeed, then I think you get an easy capture. But I have a feeling most of the time it gets down to aggresive team constantly being killed by the base camper, because it's quite simple to defend the flag. But this is all just a guess, need to play on it to suggest how the flag should be located.

I don't like the 'jumppad barrel'.

Since the routes in this map aren't really super-connected it is easy to reach enemy base without even seeing the enemy once. It's fine to happen sometimes, but this makes this map more of a racing map - a contest who can capture the most flags. Can't say for certain that this is the case, but it sure looks like it. Of course, this doesn't look as bad as tatras/prolandr or something

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
Thanks, that's really useful feedback.

Yeah, on having another look at the map, I totally agree. It's just too bright. I will definitely change that.

I for one didn't like the ice jump up the ramp through some tiny cap
Is it specifically the jump through the gap that you don't like?, or the ice itself? Maybe low would be better without ice? (with some changes)

There is a bug on the wall. Ice, next to the ramp on the blue side (the ramp to grass).
There is a bug on the high base or whatever. Where there is a gap on the wall. You can jump there and can get stuck.
I can provide ss's if you don't get what I mean.
There is a bug with some of the spawns -  facing walls.
The gap on the base wall - can fall into that and get stuck.
Yep, managed to find all of them, so they will all be corrected.

All those models you added were a nice touch, except for the rope thingie, didn't quite get that
Thanks and me neither, I just thought the model was quite nice and seeing as I've used the texture elsewhere, I just added the model in for the hell of it  :)

Bases. Base is huge, good visibility, lots of entrances. But at the same time the flag looks quite 'random'. If you manage to take the flag, you can take a fast exit to ice, up the rope, or to mid. If the enemy was camping and you succeed, then I think you get an easy capture. But I have a feeling most of the time it gets down to aggresive team constantly being killed by the base camper, because it's quite simple to defend the flag. But this is all just a guess, need to play on it to suggest how the flag should be located.

I don't like the 'jumppad barrel'.

Since the routes in this map aren't really super-connected it is easy to reach enemy base without even seeing the enemy once. It's fine to happen sometimes, but this makes this map more of a racing map - a contest who can capture the most flags. Can't say for certain that this is the case, but it sure looks like it. Of course, this doesn't look as bad as tatras/prolandr or something
As you say, capping is quite quick and that's not always a good thing and the 'campability' of the map isnt either. I've got a couple of changes in mind to hopefully improve gameplay, so I'll see what I can make for b3 and as for the 'jumppad barrel' with these changes in mind, that will be going  :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 10:19:32 PM »
If you run up on the edge, you can see through the map in some places, and you can get stuck here (screenshot).  If you want to make these areas accessible, you need to account for these types of things.  If not, you should use clip brushes to keep people from getting up there.