Author Topic: Unable to login to remote admin on my server - bad ppassword - i've set rcon_pas  (Read 3178 times)

yossarianuk

• VM-68
Hi.

I have searched the forum for this (spent a good hour looking on forum/web..)

I am running a linux server (0.21 prebuild)  and am unable to login via remote admin on my dedicated server

- the server is fine (i.e connection/serverlist,etc) and I can login via  login 'password'
- however i cannot login via the remote admin menu.
I have put this line in my .cfg

rcon_password "password"

however it always says bad password when trying to login.

- Am i completely missing something ?

IronFist

• Autococker
Just to make sure it's clear, a regular "oppass#" user login (which you use the "login" command for) is what's used for the "remote admin" menu. Your password for "login" is what you'd use here.

Rcon is for true remote administration. I don't know of any fancy ways to interface it currently. To do it in-game (you don't need to be connected to the server), use:

rcon_address=myserver
rcon_password=mypass
rcon say hello people, how are you

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
The remote admin menu just uses the login command.  Unless there's a space in your password, I'm not sure why you'd have any problems if you can log in at the console.

yossarianuk

• VM-68
thanks for feedback . I am a bit of a server noob sorry !  (although i work with a variety of webservers....)

After I login in console I can then use rcon map ,etc ..

However I still cannot use the rcon menu.. (its not that important however - although it would be nice to know why.)

I have no space in the password btw...

At the moment I am just using a Linux non X console (i.e alt+ctrl+F1) and controlling the server from there (i can flip back to game using ctrl+alt+F7) and that works o.k...

Also are there any plans for releasing the 0.23 prebuild for linux ?

Once again thanks for a great (possibly best) game , ever since I started playing this I now hardly play any other game...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
what do you mean by rcon menu?

You mean an rcon menu from the client? As in Zorch's rcon menu?

ravenswift1

• PGP
i still can't get it to login :( i click login on the remote admin menu and type in the password but it still says bad password. ??? :( can anyone help me? (xp btw)

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
3 years.

Maybe you post the config ?

ravenswift1

• PGP
good point. i will later