Author Topic: Newmap Theraden_b1  (Read 4824 times)

sBi

• Stingray
Newmap Theraden_b1
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:34:23 AM »
Hi,
This map is medium with 2 flags for both sides.
First flag: 5 points, second flag: 3 points, cap - first flag
Sky: pbsky3 - maybe any places are very dark ...
Spawn: carbine, loaded 20oz, co2 too 20oz, 200 ammo, etc

I am looking forward to yours opinions.
Thx sBi

Download map: http://www.ulozto.cz/9608076/theraden-b1-bsp

Scars

• Stingray
Re: Newmap Theraden_b1
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:06:39 AM »
Please do us a favor. You have made tons of unfinished beta maps. Finish them, and then start new ones. I'm not even sure you actually released a single full map, and yet you got like 10 good beta maps that might become some good match maps.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:00:19 AM »
Please do me a favor and upload your map to the DP website instead of your own CZ one. =D Just like you did your photos.

planB

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 05:08:20 AM »
i'm impressed by your mapping skills!
but actually i dont get the point:
why do you map for this bad community? :)

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:11:45 AM »
Flame wars inc xD

cool map sBi ;)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 09:17:14 AM »

You are part of the problem sir. The people who complain and no nothing are the worst parts of the community. Raging ingame comes with every game.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »
Please do me a favor and upload your map to the DP website instead of your own CZ one. =D
+1

You are part of the problem sir. The people who complain and no nothing are the worst parts of the community. Raging ingame comes with every game.
I thought i'm worst part. Anyway, i think planB posted it as joke... But i also need to partially agree with MyeRs. :P

About map:
Great! But:
1. In both blue and red base one plant is black in my case.
2. Near to 1st flag is ice, which i thought is water - why the hell it's flowing?
3. IMO map is a little too dark.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:16:00 PM by payl »

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 11:25:30 AM »
I trough i'm worst part.

which i trough is water

not meant to be flaming, but what the intercourse are you trying to tell us?! ???

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 11:45:05 AM »
I think trough = thought...

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »
I think trough = thought...
I can't really spot difference, going to learn more about that... :P Thanks Viciouz for translating ^.^ .

not meant to be flaming, but what the intercourse are you trying to tell us?! ???
You seriously doesn't understand? Well, i still guess you try to flame, but read Viciouz post to understand if u can't ^.^ .

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 08:04:36 AM »
Please do us a favor. You have made tons of unfinished beta maps. Finish them, and then start new ones. I'm not even sure you actually released a single full map, and yet you got like 10 good beta maps that might become some good match maps.
+1, that's definitely one of your biggest problems with your maps. Meanwhile it makes almost no more fun to give you feedback at all, because there're always the same mistakes. If you are too lazy to finish any of your maps, work with a partner, publish the .map files or pass them to the mapping committee.

Add "angle" "#" to the player spawns, that they don't look in front of a wall after spawning.

Never use water on different levels because of the relective water.

Make the waterfall flowing to make it more realistic. Also the water below the ice looks weird. I'd delete it there.

Lots of barrels and boxes are misaligned a few units. I'll try to make screenshot from all of them. You should learn how to lock textures, it's a lot easier and less effort than fixing all barrels and boxes afterwards.

You also need to add many clip brushes. Atm you get stuck almost everywhere. I'll try to make screenshots of this places, too.

And lots of screenshots.

Add a clip brush here.

Misaligned.

The wall is misaligned, too.

The plant is black. Just moving it around a few units might already help to fix it.

Red: Here's a little edge.
Yellow: It's also too hard to leave the water here. You need to flatten that brush a little bit.

Red: Make those faces nodraw, that you can't see a surface where a water brush touches another water brush.
Yellow: The water brush needs to be bigger/wider here.

Yellow: The ladder sometimes doesn't work correct. Use a ladder clip brush for it.
Red: Make a ladder face here too or add a clip brush.

Add clip brushes.

Misaligned.

Misaligned.

Misaligned.

Misaligned, too. Maybe you need to scale down this light faces a little bit.

I'm not sure if this was your intention. If not make the brush longer.

Add some more clip brushes here.

All top faces are misaligned.

This edge looks strange. Move it a little bit, that if fits the other corners. The clipping planes should help you a lot here.

Misaligned.

Add a clip brush below the ladder. If you don't want to make the side brushes as a ladder, add clip brushes next to them, too.

Misaligned.

Sometimes it's not possible to crouch through this window, because something is blocking. Making the window a little bit bigger should help to fix this.

Add some more clip brushes here.

Misaligned.

Add some more clip brushes here. Oh, and the top of the barrel is misaligned, too. I didn't marked it.

Misaligned.

Add some more clip brushes here. Make sure you doesn't clip the last pillars on the right side of the screenshot, where people can walk between.

I guess that's all for now.

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »
<3 chef

sBi

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 10:20:31 AM »
ok, all mistakes were deleted I think ... because you have a right, that i am too lazy :D when I have a ban, i remake a few of maps ... now I compile beta 2

sBi

• Stingray
Re: Newmap Theraden_b2
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 05:05:18 AM »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
Oh, nice improvements ;)

Never use water on different levels because of the relective water.
This is very important to reduce the bad r_speeds.

Make the waterfall flowing to make it more realistic.

Yellow: The ladder sometimes doesn't work correct. Use a ladder clip brush for it.
The clip brush next to the ladder is done now, but the ladder still doesn't work correct sometimes.

Misaligned.
This is the box in front of the second flag.

Misaligned, too. Maybe you need to scale down this light faces a little bit.

Add a clip brush below the ladder. If you don't want to make the side brushes as a ladder, add clip brushes next to them, too.
Better, but it's not possible to climb up the side brushes completely.

Here's a small edge. I'd move the corner of the ground brush to the corner of the wood brush.

Misaligned.

Misaligned.

Misaligned.

Misaligned.

Misaligned.

Yellow: Misaligned a little bit, I guess only 1 unit.
Green: Glitch (only red base), try to move the window a few units. This might help.

Misaligned.

Here's a small edge. I'd move the corner of the rock brush to the corner of the other rock brush.

Misaligned.

Misaligned a little bit, I guess only 1 unit.

Add two more clip brush here.

Here's the clip brush a little bit to long, so you can't walk there (only red base).

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta! I renamed the map to theraden_b2.bsp.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 08:23:51 PM »
Put the map up on the beta server and attached a demo with some suggestions.

Overall, the map felt very awkward to navigate, especially for new players (which we really need more of now...)