Author Topic: Newmap: Bouncing Arena DM  (Read 2781 times)

aircrew

• VM-68
Newmap: Bouncing Arena DM
« on: January 27, 2012, 06:56:27 PM »
Hey hi hello!

2 a.m. here, sleepless night and I´ve just finished my second subscription for a competition!

This map might seems very simple for you, and guess what? It is. But I found it pretty funny, maybe the best map I have ever made.

It´s kind of small, I played it with three BOTS and it seemed just enough. And it was pretty pretty funny!

Okay, that´s my night enthusiasm and maybe you will completely despise this map, but whatever, I will play it with BOTS then.

It´s build just of three colours and unit1_ sky and I found this combination amazing. I was considering adding some stuff and details, but it seemed to me it has no place in map like this.

Hell, I used about fifty trigger_pushes, very tedious work, but it worthed it for me.

Just try it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jE

• Stingray
Re: Newmap: Bouncing Arena DM
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:04:09 AM »
this map is crazy!!
good job!...and can you upload the blue texture :D

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:01:51 AM »
Mh, should be part of regular ctp1 pack. I can´t upload the texture alone here, it says the file is already uploaded. Anyway, this pack should include it : ftp://otb-server.de/pub/CTP%20-%20Community%20Texture%20and%20Model%20Pack/CTP1-Prerelease.zip

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 06:19:40 PM »
ohhhh aircrew, played this map on speed server :D it was really funny
didnt have so much fun for long time

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 04:17:52 AM »
Funny map, I just think it's a little annoying that you're automatically sent in some way. There's not much you can change about the direction of your flight. I don't know how this will affect the gameplay on a full server...

-edit- grammarnazi
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:02:59 AM by pvtjimmy »

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 04:43:56 AM »
That´s the purpose of the map. Players are chaotically tossing around and it´s kind of test of their aim and orientation since they don´t have to care much about movement...

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:04:26 AM »
It's a fun idea, but, no offense, it's not a map that I will play. This doesn't mean that nobody will like this map though. Others in this thread have already confirmed that they had a lot of fun on this map :)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »
Funny map.

I'd prefer a sun lighting, would look a lot better than the current lighting. Also you're already using a sky.

Add "angle" "#" to the player spawns, that players don't look in front of a wall after spawning. It's kind of annoying, even if it's just a dm map without many dis-/advantages.

I don't know if you already noticed that the clip brushes in the corners sometimes block players while pushing them around. I think it's not a big deal, but sometimes a bit confusing.

No screenshots, because there's nothing to align with this 3 textures...clever choice :)

Oh, and I need to test the carbines with more players. I'm not sure if it's perfect or if lower guns would work better with this map.

Renamed the map to barena_b1. It's online @ [OTB] Beta!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 11:03:08 AM »
I didn't find this one very fun to play.  There's no real strategy or anything as you can't control where you go, and you can't predict where other players are going.  Maybe it would be better if you had low gravity so you had some more in-air time to control where you were going and had a better chance of being able to aim at people instead of having to spray in random directions and hope they bounced that way into your paint.  It might be fun to have some items bouncing around as well instead of just spawning in and spraying.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 12:57:13 PM »
I agree that the bouncing effect is a little bit too extreme. You can't really influence the movement, so it's more luck than tactic or aiming. I already wrote this for the judgement.