Poll

Which do you feel was better?

New ball speed
19 (45.2%)
Old ball speed
23 (54.8%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: February 04, 2009, 10:53:56 PM

Author Topic: Ball speed... New or old?  (Read 11374 times)

Tini

• VM-68
Re: Ball speed... New or old?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »
AGREED WITH CAPO.
old ball speed just because i can camp agian lmao

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »
Yay just what we need more campers

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 11:16:31 AM »
Yay just what we need more campers

Wafflez, Do you even play this game? I'm pretty sure I've never heard of you, or seen you in a match or pub. GG.

If it was made client side, everyone with sense would boost it up all the way so as long as you were aiming at them it would hit them. instantly. there wouldn't be any dip, time to avoid, anything.

Ah, thanks skitzo.
I was thinking that, If it was client side - all servers for the ball speed would be the same or something. I don't know. But now I do [=.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »
This poll should really have 3 options.  The initial ball speed was quite slow and required you to aim up about 45 degrees and rain paint down on people.  Then there was the excessively fast ball speed.  Now we have the not-quite-as-excessive ball speed.

I'm all for faster balls, was it 300fps? I couldn't get used to lower ball speed last year, now any newbie can just walk across a line from autococker or carbine. In this poll, is new ball speed 285 and old one 300 fps or so?
edit: nvm got it
For a long time the base ball speed was 300fps.  That meant with different weapon and barrel upgrades, you could get speeds over 400fps.  Now you can still get speeds approaching 400fps, so it's still quite a bit faster than real life (unless you have no barrel upgrades, in which case, it's pretty close to life speed).

Is giving new players a better chance a bad thing?  The game can't grow without fresh blood.  Don't you have better playing strategies than lining newbies, anyway?

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 12:55:05 PM »
Jumping over lines required at least some skill, I just tried to say that now one can just walk across it, what makes lining quite pointless. Also, try to play on a map like theice.bsp with higher ping - chances of hitting anyone are equal to your luck that time. And in my opinion, mentioned new players can be quite surprised when they shoot directly at someone, but before ball reaches the target, target is 10m away.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 01:40:46 PM »
I can only see advantages in lines sometimes not hitting the victim. Because then people actually have be skilled to get that kill.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 02:32:18 PM »
Don't you have better playing strategies than lining newbies, anyway?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 04:04:04 PM »
And in my opinion, mentioned new players can be quite surprised when they shoot directly at someone, but before ball reaches the target, target is 10m away.

They also might be surprised when they see a more experienced player jumping around about four times faster then they can move. This isn't instagib.

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 04:45:49 PM »
Good point you have, I've got to agree. But this game is already way unrealistic, so why care about newbies, if they will die anyway? And then again, it's a poll, so I vote for old ball speed because I liked it more than current one.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 01:10:14 AM »
Wafflez, Do you even play this game? I'm pretty sure I've never heard of you, or seen you in a match or pub. GG.

Used to play alot but my computer is broken and is currently being fixed ( just waiting on more ram) and I completly agree with jits.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 04:02:17 AM »
I thought we already came to the conclusion that this isn't a sim anyway, so who cares if the ball speed is faster than in real life! I hate the loop that has to be put on shots now to send the ball further.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 06:35:14 AM »
Oh you old rusty boon, you...

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 08:08:55 AM »
I like the not-quite-as-excessive ball speed.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 02:42:58 AM »

For a long time the base ball speed was 300fps. 

A long time in which the people who played regularly trained their reflexes to that speed, and learned the areas on that map keyed to that speed.

That was the reason it was a big issue--the long time it was at that speed before suddenly being changed.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 04:19:38 PM »
It needs to be changed back.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 08:24:53 AM »
I agree with gamabunta

Tupac(Chalk)

• PGP
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 07:31:58 PM »
alright so check it. uh uh

change the ball speed back yo

where i live the bullets aint slow

cant even walk down the street

without hearin pop pop

all i hear is sirens

yo will the violence ever stop

i could be trainin for the street when i play dp

but the ball speed is slower than it really should ever be.

change the ball speed back son.