Poll

What should we do? [Read down below before answering]

Split up players, make new clans.
1 (3.1%)
Tell some more friends about the game
4 (12.5%)
Have more events like tourneys, and stuff to make game more exciting for new players
4 (12.5%)
help some noobs out in pubs
6 (18.8%)
All of The above
6 (18.8%)
Advertise
10 (31.3%)
Make training clans
1 (3.1%)
Make different variations of the game not just capture the flag
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: December 07, 2011, 05:06:49 AM

Author Topic: Not enough DP players.  (Read 13495 times)

Ghadente

• Stingray
Re: Not enough DP players.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »
Another option on this poll should have been:

Fix players attitudes

If players would quit being such negative roosterheads all the time, the game would become more welcoming to new players. Im not just referring to all the spammers and trolls out there, but also those veteran players that think they are invincible for some reason. You know the type, kill them a few times and they start spouting feces like its their day job: "luck" "lag" "fluke" "kid thinks he's good" "bs" "newb, nub, noob, etc, etc". or they just ragequit.
Don't bother replying to these types, their ego is way to big for them to listen, and even if they did they'll try and turn it around on you somehow. Its this kind of bad attitude the drives away new players from sticking around. (of course letting them know the ignore command exists would help a bit)

I realize that players' bad attitudes is a tough thing to fix but if some players just start being more positive, instead of always trying to start excrement, then maybe more people will stick around.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:53 PM »

Fix players attitudes

If players would quit being such negative roosterheads all the time, the game would become more welcoming to new players. Im not just referring to all the spammers and trolls out there, but also those veteran players that think they are invincible for some reason. You know the type, kill them a few times and they start spouting feces like its their day job: "luck" "lag" "fluke" "kid thinks he's good" "bs" "newb, nub, noob, etc, etc". or they just ragequit.
Don't bother replying to these types, their ego is way to big for them to listen, and even if they did they'll try and turn it around on you somehow. Its this kind of bad attitude the drives away new players from sticking around. (of course letting them know the ignore command exists would help a bit)

I realize that players' bad attitudes is a tough thing to fix but if some players just start being more positive, instead of always trying to start excrement, then maybe more people will stick around.

Who is this newb?

Kid thinks he is good...

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »

Fix players attitudes

veteran players don't act like this.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
veteran players don't act like this.

Some do actually, perhaps not people like you, but theres definitely a few that do..i wont say any names..

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2011, 03:10:02 PM »
Well I have played real paintball since the 80s so I decided to go to all the websites I have used and know of and just ask them if they could plug the game with a link. I even made a banner they could use if interested with the logo up top and the game photo from the news page. I will hear back from some I am sure if not all with a yes or no. Other than NPPL 2009 there is NO other paintball online game and NPPL 2009 is not for PC just Xbox and PS3 so a more open range for them to support the game for. At most in return from some would be them asking here to put a banner link ad for thier site as well so no money transfer between either place, one hand washes the other to help each grow. Hopefully the 5 sites I asked will say yes and we will get new players here very soon. Time will only tell .... keep fingers crossed.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »
Should let the game die until the engine gets revamped.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2011, 01:35:23 PM »
The game currently gets about 500-1000 downloads per day. While advertisements would help, I think the real problem is that new players aren't staying.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2011, 02:52:30 PM »
The game currently gets about 500-1000 downloads per day. While advertisements would help, I think the real problem is that new players aren't staying.

Woah, I had no idea it still got that many.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2011, 02:56:44 PM »
The game currently gets about 500-1000 downloads per day.

[sarcasm]
ALL THE BANNED PLAYERS RE-INSTALLING
[/sarcasm]

guess we found the problem ...

Tyrone(MyeRs)

• PGP
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2011, 03:45:06 PM »
[sarcasm]
ALL THE BANNED PLAYERS RE-INSTALLING
[/sarcasm]

guess we found the problem ...

nigguh the problem was already known ya dig? The only peepz who be stayin are those who r gud, n no1 changes the game to attract new peepz ya kno?

lyke newbs cant fckin hit their head on da muthafukin sky, so adding skyglidin is just another thing thaat makes dem go: WTF LEVITATION HACKS! ukno?

U kno, its pree ez juz to sit n criticize this bisness, but lyk if we juz force dem high res texture swag on downloads, then peeps be not thinkin the game looks like poop on a monitor. Visual aspects is da ish, which includes:
- Better textures
- Better looking player models
- Better-made maps
Now obvz stuff that can reduce lag (since free-small games attract those who do not have a great computer) would be beneficial, as well as "simpler" maps.

Most new maps coming out have 400 paths, you don't need that. These little 'small-narrow' hallways do not add gameplay, it removes confrontation and makes for an path solely used to avoid players. Bases should have max like 4 entrances, and then mid should be max 3 possible paths really. (To mappers - look at maps that stick and base it off that, stop being so complex, focus on appearance! Cusomanswag, if their gameplay didn't blow). Pforest/PP1/S22 etcetcetc

Most of this stuff the community can help with - the only thing Jitspoe would need to do is accept the help. With maps and whatnot if becomes difficult due to server admins putting maps they like rather than what looks nice.

lyke sheeeet dp2, if peepz be downloadin dis game, its obvz da visual aspect n lack of available servz. daz wut da community can help with ukno? but erryone will just troll lyke always l1ol1o1l.

BTW - Players attitudes has NOTHING to do with people staying/leaving. There is no competitive game where the "best" players are best friends to noobs. They don't come on to train people, they come on to ruin new players hopes. They troll new clans etc.. in EVERY game. This game's probably got one of the nicer communities. These URT boiis were very rude 2 me when i first started, i wuz like wtf cmon im new, n dey are like kid gtfo u suck. but now imdabest.

pce

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »
Sadly Tyrone, this is also how it is in the real paintball world too. All the so called pros out there pwning the new players so bad they do not want to come back again. Then in stagin area you hear them put down the newbies and "high five" for stomping them to death. In the real paintball world this "field" would have closed years ago but being it is the only online field to play at is why it is still here. Why are there no alternatives to play after 20 years of the game being played worldwide. Well nobody wants to compete with a free game that has good gameplay and has what some people want. NPPL 2009 was as lousy as Extreme Paintbrawl and Renegade Paintball. And all 3 of those cost money to get and play. So if people here worked together, it could stay alive because free always wins over pay in computer games.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2011, 04:15:48 PM »
lol PGPSandman always starts talking about real paintball, its funny.

Maybe when people first open DP2, in the main menu (play, setup..) there should be a link on the top to some sort of tutorial page where it would answer FAQs like how to register, how to join a clan, or another option that says 'HELP' and clicking that brings up a page telling them how to play..or something to that effect.

and i remember there being newbie servers when i myself started playing, they were pretty good to start things off on..

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2011, 05:03:56 PM »
For anyone who is not as smart as Narga, NJIN and SnooD, Myers is just making his point that this game needs improvements. I doubt it has any deeper relation with my obvious sarcastic post.

I do support most of his points though, despite having different views on how this needs to be done.

Tyrone(MyeRs)

• PGP
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2011, 07:44:52 PM »
pgpkid did u lyk completely miss my post???????????????????????? why the fck is real fckn paintball in yer mutharuckin post nigguh? lyk sheet.

OTHER games have worse attitudes than DP2!!! Most games are fckin worse by a lot. DP2 has a lot of 'rage' between established players, or people like Gamabunta ragin at newbies in pubs, but otherwise it's pretty civil to new players. It's more young players we dislike. Nobody likes those annoying 12 year olds who can't type proprley u kno? sht. Go play muthafkin URT or CS:S or GTA or COD etc.etc.etc. so much rage! Dp isn't bad at all, the community is only rude to established players - or complete idiots (Narga/NJIN/SnooD etc..).

Like, there's only 1 NA team that can be considered a "good" team right now, and they probably are one of the most helpful to noobs. I mean, they let Senix, who can't speak english, into their clan for a while. And that kid has downsyndrome. They also run servers, run streams of their games. Sure, they may have specific players who rage or ban people, but it's only really against suspected cheaters or their competition - which right now is no1. The only other good NA players not in that team is shk, and dat kid is a MMA supastar, so u best be scured of him. but all dem new kids on his jockstrap.

Soooo who are these mean people? Euros? Cause, when I clanned with euros, they never talked poopoo at all. Or the noobs who think they are good but are really bad even though they've played like 3+ years? Doubt they can even plow pubs yet, so can't be that bad.

Basically, that useless amount of writing above that could've been summed up supafast is saying our community isn't the problem. It's one of the better gaming communities. It's really the game is outdated and something needs to be done to fix that, if we're truly getting 500-1000 DL's a day, (I don't believe that), than something is making them leave. So, it's either: Lag / Game looks like trash / Didn't understand how people were flying / didn't like the game

Well, 3 of those 4 are fixable. 1- Improve FPS etc.. (Quick partial solution: make fps-improving cmd's more accessible, searching forums is annoying with the lack of moderation this forum gets). 2-  NICE Hr4 ON DOWNLOAD! - Pretty simple, there's enough "okay" packs right now (OTB's etc..) that could be put up till a better one is made, anything is better than default. 3- Tutorials - Chem was trying to make youtube ones, that with the help of others could've been really good. To bad nazi flip banned him from forums. Posting basic youtube tutorials on the website main page would go a long way - infact just a non-horrible main page on the website would be a nice upgrade, but that's little tweaks.

pce

McAlpine--PbDc

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2011, 03:31:01 AM »
I will be creating a new server simply designed to be simple and oldskool, think syncmasters cable. I run a multigaming community and hopefully  we'll see a lot of our members coming across and starting to play DP2.

I will need a few admins so  feel free to PM me if you're interested.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2011, 03:49:40 AM »
 Make sure you promote IRC usage as well. irc.globalgamers.net is the server.

I don't think there aren't enough dp players. I just don't like it that IRC has been losing users from the euro matching scene. I don't know why people don't use irc so often anymore. They just chill in vent/ts3 or even worse, get their matches from public servers. Nothing wrong with that, but I think that irc integrates the matching scene a lot better, is easier to use and creates a healthy matching scene.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »
Maybe something like an ingame scrim command would help?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 08:34:26 AM »
 It's easier to have a window of irc open (demands less resource) than have paintball2 window open.

IRC is superior and that's how the cookie crumbles