Author Topic: Zombie Models/Map ideas/settings for Horde mode!  (Read 2877 times)

Foxhound

• Autococker
Zombie Models/Map ideas/settings for Horde mode!
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »
Yes, I know that this isn't even in progress yet, and it's been only really thought about maybe once by jitspoe, but I am hoping this might push it forward because I know that many others including myself would very much enjoy a horde mode.

So lets come up with ideas!

EDIT: Feature Vote?

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: Zombie Models/Map ideas/settings for Horde mode!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:51:14 PM »
ideas....

1- spawning not by time, but by how many "zombies" you tag. (this will be important because you don't want to start level 50 with 500 zombies all at once, it will lag the server, it needs to make it so that maybe 10 spawn after killing 9)

2- Health and Health packs/regen. I know this was talked about for single player, but i feel like if the zombies tag you (not sure how) you should be tagged out for good: 1 hit you're out)

3- Multiple zombies with different AI, like a melee type zombie that moves faster, a pgp type zombie who shoots slower, a Giant zombie that you may have to shoot 50 times before it goes down.

4- a system for unlocking better weaponry? or just go with regular "find a gun" method.

5- a way to unlock rooms? not just by button but by purchasing perhaps? much like in COD or mayhaps by kill streak?

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:55:20 PM »
I might even make a zombie model to contribute.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 12:05:54 AM »
Just thought of this one, and it might be a whole other feature in itself but....

You know like how on X-Box you can create a private game and invite your friends to a zombie match? How could we make it so that we could create a private game without having to host a private server.

In other words, have a lobby where you could play with up to 4 people and press start game and have the game load for everyone?

I'm thinking this will be crucial to a mode such as this.

EDIT: just thought of this lol answering my own question... you would have to have a dedicated server such as Superman's servers and have to make them private and only have 4 slots... but for a random match of people such as newbies just have a non password protected server... so now the question is... do you let people d/c and connect between rounds? On Cod this is not possible.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:34:29 AM »
Could integrate it with the match scene so like, you have 4 on each team and whichever team kills the most zombies/lasts the longest wins. No trick jumps would be required so it would be very newbie friendly.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »
Just thought of this one, and it might be a whole other feature in itself but....

You know like how on X-Box you can create a private game and invite your friends to a zombie match? How could we make it so that we could create a private game without having to host a private server.

In other words, have a lobby where you could play with up to 4 people and press start game and have the game load for everyone?

I'm thinking this will be crucial to a mode such as this.

You could try to make a window when you connect to the server similar to that of Killing Floor. Where everyone connects up and it doesn't start until everyone presses a ready button or 1 minute after the first person presses it, whichever occurs first.

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 07:59:16 AM »
Creat zombie mod like the one from cs :P

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 07:10:34 AM »
Creat zombie mod like the one from cs :P

You can't move objects around, making a mod like a zombie css mod or zombie panic source would never work.