Author Topic: Feature Request: Revamped server list  (Read 15593 times)

rafalluz

• VM-68
Re: Improved Server List
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 05:39:06 AM »
Oh nevermind, it would be simple server filter. Type 'jump' in textbox, mark 'exclude/does not contain' checkbox and press go/search! No need to do specific filter in game, just general filtering mechanism. Also filtering per ping, number of players, map, etc I think it has already been proposed though.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 09:16:02 AM »
filtering for map may not get you the right server though?

it may be a good idea to have a certain section where you can check what you want to filter with/or drop down menues.

e.g for ping you can search for 10-100

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »
In the external serverbrowser u can sort the list by ping, mapname, servername, ip and clients.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
so u type in a search for the ping e.g 10-100 then mapname e.g propaint 1 then the servername e.g OTB then the ip and clients. and hope for the best?

would it not be better to sort the servername section into certain groups. eg otb,arctic,cso,lof

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »
filtering for map may not get you the right server though?

it may be a good idea to have a certain section where you can check what you want to filter with/or drop down menues.

e.g for ping you can search for 10-100 .

That's the whole point of revamping server browser. Sorting, multiple criterion filtering, showing some valuable info about server (GLS/password protection). Part of it is in external one, but my experience proves it's pretty flaky.

would it not be better to sort the servername section into certain groups. eg otb,arctic,cso,lof

Ummm... the clantag is there, so mere sort by hostname would group them anyway.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 11:28:08 AM »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 12:02:05 PM »
Can someone explain me how to get a bitmap into the external serverbrowser?

Than i can make the gls and password info for it. The password info is almost done, but only with a 0 or 1 in front of the server. I want to have an picture or icon there.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 12:55:22 PM »
Ummm... the clantag is there, so mere sort by hostname would group them anyway.

if you search via the clans tag for their specific server though would that not make finding it easier than findin the groups? like if you wanted a specefic one you would put otb1 and not otb. something like that?

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 02:53:17 PM »
if you search via the clans tag for their specific server though would that not make finding it easier than findin the groups? like if you wanted a specefic one you would put otb1 and not otb. something like that?

No, I didn't mean filter this time. Just click on column header 'Server Name' to make list sorted. And it will take care of grouping as well.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 08:41:41 PM »
Can someone explain me how to get a bitmap into the external serverbrowser?

Than i can make the gls and password info for it. The password info is almost done, but only with a 0 or 1 in front of the server. I want to have an picture or icon there.

I'm not sure it's possible.  Just make it say 'PASS' like that and I think it would be good enough.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Feature Request: Revamped server list
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »
Merged 2 other threads into this one that were for the same thing.

mocca_choclate

• PGP
Re: Feature Request: Revamped server list
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 08:27:35 PM »
+1 +1