Author Topic: Global login suggestions  (Read 1118 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Global login suggestions
« on: June 16, 2006, 02:35:55 AM »
well if its not to late, i read a bit about the global login.  there should just be 1 login for a person, then an option to add a prefix or suffix to their name if they wish to have their stats calculated and what not, rather than making al ist of other names they can use when logged into 1 accnt

meat

• VM-68
Re: Global login suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:39:52 AM »
I know I haven't posted in a good long while, but I have brought this up before, and the only reason I can think of now to use this is for permanent ban accross ALL servers for people who generally abuse the game.  That being said, too much power in the wrong hands could be a bad thing.

In all honesty, this is a modified Quake 2 engine game, I don't know that something like this would be easily implemented, unless Jitspoe speaks otherwise.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Global login suggestions
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 02:56:56 PM »
This would probably be more suited for the global login implementation thread: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=1825.0

This is more or less what I plan to do.  I haven't decided if it would be best to just allow one name per account, or let people have 2 or 3.  While it would be nice for people to use a name consistently, those who want to use multiple names would probably just register multiple accounts.