Author Topic: BUG: Nade glitch  (Read 2353 times)

Foxhound

• Autococker
BUG: Nade glitch
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »
started happening today. never seen this before and now i have seen it multiple times. along with the flags being weird when capped or flag holder dies, that has become more prevalent as well.

But here is the demo of the grenade

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: BUG: Nade glitch
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »
Are you just seeing it on that one server?  Looks like it might have some weird grenade settings.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »
nope seen on usa speed (run by suprman?) server
and that one was a weird server [DmB] Public i think

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 11:58:03 PM »
Any idea what sequence of events caused it to happen?

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 12:59:27 AM »
Didnt bother to even look at the dm2 file. But I think I know from reading what's going on. This happened to me too, just by throwing nades around. I asked someone wth was going on. They responded with, "It's set for No Explode", Or something like that. I dont know what setting it is, I forget, but basically in the server, we had 10 ammo and weren't able to shoot paint, it shot, but no paint. So apparently whatever disables the gun from shooting paint, disables the nade as well. I think.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:21:20 AM »
"It's set for No Explode"

I don't think that exists. 

Someone else also told me this happened on their server a couple days ago.  I took a look at their config file and didn't see any problems.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »
Idk how it could be set for no explode, when all the other nades were exploding.

Jits, i think the nades go under the ground some how and are somewhat "floating" in between the floor.

I have never witnessed the nade after its been tossed (why would i stand near it when it will kill me) but then i realize it never exploded and i look and its just break dancing in front of me. I will sacrifice my self next time in the name of DP2

EDIT: just went and tried to recreate it for 2 minutes. The [DmB] servers nades always do it now. and i went to another server just to see and it didnt work. soo maybe capo was right? there is a setting for no explode.

Note: in the [DmB] server when you throw it, it still makes exploding sounds yet no paint comes out.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 03:51:28 AM »
nope seen on usa speed (run by suprman?) server
and that one was a weird server [DmB] Public i think
the dmb server was orginally started by crazyj1277 which he sets his nades to no explode and yes it does exist.found this in the server cvars notepad in paintball 2 folder. read it
override_defaults?
-
real_ball_flight
default: 1
-
ball_speed
The base speed at which the balls fly from the gun.
default: 2790
-
ball_addplayerspeed
Adds the player velocity to the balls (if you are running forward, your balls go faster... that sounded bad)
-
ball_life
Time (in seconds) balls exist in the world before being removed.  It's fun to dink around with this locally, but don't change the value for public servers as it can cause a lot of lag.
default: 2
-
slowballsbounce
If on, balls that have slowed down due to traveling long distances or traveling through water, will bounce off of things instead of splatting.
-
bouncy
If activated, balls will bounce off of anything but players.  It's like playing paintball with super bounce balls!
default: 0
-
gren_addplayerspeed
If activated, the thrower's velocity is added to the grenade tossed.  This allows players more control over the speed/distance grenades can be tossed.
-
pbgren_bursts
-
pbgren_ballsperburst
-
waterfriction
If activated, balls and other entities that enter water will be slowed down significantly.
-
-
bounceback
Controls the ammount of bounce objects have; if set higher than the default, bouncy balls can act kind of like flubber. :)
default: 1.5
see also: bouncy
-
cmdfloodprotect?
-
floodprotect?
-
item_addplayerspeed
Adds the player velocity to items dropped, so you can "toss" your inventory.  Unfortunately it didn't work well because it ends up landing right in front of you so you pick it up again, and thus was disabled immediately after creation.
-
item_reducedropped
In order to reduce lag, when players are eliminated, it checks to see if any other players actually need the items before dropping them.  If not, they are returned to the spawn points immediately.
Values:
0 - Always drop items when a player is eliminated.
1 - Only drop items if an active player needs them.
2 - Only drop items if an active player needs them and there are no similar or better items in the area (ie: don't drop a 100 round hopper if the person is standing next to a 200 round hopper).
-
smokegren_pufftype
Obsolete.
-
numpasses
Specifies the number of oppass# cvars.
default: 0 (runs until oppass#level is < 1 or nonexistant)
-
oppass1, oppass2, ...., oppassX
Login password for ops on a server.
-
oppass1level, oppass2level, ..., oppassXlevel
The op level of a specified login password.
-
instant_item_spawn
Instantly spawn all items at the beginning of the round.  This typically causes overflows and lag, so it's best to leave it at 0.
-
instant_spawn
Start all players at the same time.  If set to 0, player spawns will be staggered to reduce lag and overflows at round starts.
-
-
flagcapendsround
Flag capture ends the round.  If there is more than one carrier, the round will not end until all flags are captured.
-
TimeElapsed
Server-updated cvar that shows how much time has elapsed in the game.
default: n/a
see also: pr, py, pp, pb, po?
-
nohud
-
gren_explodeonimpact
Makes grenades explode as soon as they hit something.
-
grensounds
Makes the paint grenade have a single sound upon impact as opposed to splat sounds for every ball that is shot out (reduces lag a lot).
-
pbgren_smoketrail?
-
lowlag
Obsolete setting to reduce lag by using Quake2 temp entities for sounds.
-
_scores, scores
These are used to display the scores in the server browser.  Do not modify these settings.
-
pr,py,pp,pb
These are used to display the players on each team for the server browser.  Do not modify these settings.
-
match?
-
cursing?
-
deadtalk
If activated, the eliminated players can communicate with the living players, otherwise they can only talk amongst themselves and listen to what the living say.
-
glmod_limit
Obsolete setting to limit the gl_modulate setting in Quake2.
default: 4
-
glmod_punish
Obsolete setting for the type of punishment to use for players exceeding the above limit.
-
filterban
Enable ip-based banning.
-
maxentities
Maximum number of entities that can be present on the server.
default: 1024
-
punishedpoints
Number of lines of text a person can type in 10 seconds before being kicked for flooding.
default: 25
-
PaintGrenSpawns
Used for maps with item_pballgrenade spawns.
-
SmokeGrenSpawns
Used internally for item_pballgrenade spawns.
-
OneTimeInit
Used internally.  Do not change.
-
log_ip
Sets the ip for remote stats logging.  Currently disabled.
-
sv_login
Enables validation of player names with the global login server on dplogin.com.  When set to 0, no validation is done.  When set to 1, players must be logged in to use registered names but are able to use unregistered names.  When set to 2, players must log in to play on the server at all.
default: 1 for dedicated servers, 0 for listen servers.
-
g_autorecord
Forces clients to to record demos.  When set to 1, demo recording is always forced.  When set to 2, demo recording is forced if a password is set on the server (useful for match servers).
-

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
You can specify how much paint is fired from the grenade - it sounds like he's set it to 0.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:34 AM »
You can specify how much paint is fired from the grenade - it sounds like he's set it to 0.
pbgren_bursts 0?