Author Topic: Old maps.  (Read 1466 times)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
Old maps.
« on: October 01, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »
Hey, I'm back. I'm always online... just never on DP, or the forums. I'm currently wanting to get back into mapping but, i don't like starting from fresh.

Was just wondering if anyone had any old maps in the back of their bsp folders that i could tinker around with.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
Re: Old maps.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:57:21 PM »
Enjoy.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
If you browse through the mapping section, you'll probably find several.  I don't remember specifics offhand, but I know there are some there.

I really need to break the mapping forum into more sections:
- Mapping Discussion
- WIP/Beta Maps
- Completed Maps
- Map Graveyard

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »
I like that idea jitspoe, but when ever i try to decompile a map it always gives me issues, maybe im using the wrong one?

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 05:44:04 PM »
What issues?

The maps i supplied, shouldnt have issues plus you don't need to decompile them.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:01:19 PM »
Not your maps, the maps jitspoe was mentioning about, they're all .bsp, not .map. I dont think i could do anything with any of your maps, all too simple and too many overlapping textures. You should really consider never leaving SIZE 16 grid. Thats how i learned. The only way i leave size 16 is when im doing something detail like houses, supports, rocks, etc.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 03:03:08 PM »
I had a look for that subway map we started; I couldn't find the map file, which is really annoying, because I was sure I still had it somewhere. Turns out a load of my unfinished maps are just gone.

Here are some random fragments/unfinished DM maps though, if that's what you were looking for :P

bodmin.map done while listening to The Ballad of Bodmin Pill

invite.map done while listening to Invite the Violence

belaruse.map done while listening to Belaruse

marrakech.map done while listening to Marrakech

Maybe you can find something to do with some of them.

Edit: oh, and this. Hopefully somebody else has more stuff for you :)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »
I still have our subway map, I just don't know what to do with it though. I have no ideas that could help with gameplay factors and vising issues. Basically i don't know how i would want the map to lay out.. besides the subway... haha