Author Topic: Finding Matches  (Read 2322 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Finding Matches
« on: January 05, 2015, 11:47:03 AM »
*********READ MY 2nd POST. THIS POST WAS FOR IDEAS, ENDED UP CHOOSING ONE.**********

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

This is a means of getting away from using Skype and things like that in order to find matches. It reduces the difficulties people had with understanding IRC, but continues to have us all forced to 1 spot to find matches. Hopefully people will give it a chance.

Maybe down the road we can change to having a friendslist/in game chat, but for now I think this is a better option.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 01:30:09 PM by MyeRs »

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Finding Matches
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 01:27:01 PM »
UPDATE
[/u]

I decided to go with the #1 idea temporarily, as I feel it's the easiest idea to accomplish without the help of Jitspoe adding something to his game. (maybe possible in the future)

THE CHANNEL: #DP2match

THE PURPOSE: To find matches

You do not need to make your own team channel, you only need to use #DP2match

What the community needs to do? Start using that for matches! You don't need to idle 24/7, but when you want a match, go in there and type: "L4: 3v3 PM if interested"  

You can connect to IRC via www.dplogin.com - click the "CHAT" tab. Or download a variation of IRC.

@Jitspoe: Could you please add this to the topic of #paintball , to let people know to join that Channel for matches

This makes the standard IRC that has been used for years still work, while facilitating it for everyone. You don't need to make an account, you don't need to know how to use IRC, you just got to connect - type "/join #DP2match" and type!

It's easy and allows everyone to go to 1 set place for matches. I think it's worth trying out. It can only work with participation, but hopefully it'll bring more teams together rather than only matching people on your skype list.

#DP2match

------------------------------------

Also going to be looking for a few people to have ops, whom are active and wont abuse it. Just incase people spam, or anyone needs a timeout.

ADMIN LIST:
MyeRs
Rockitude
+++

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »
I can write my stuff for my bot to log into as if people are looking for matches it will log the team looking for matches.

I can add more features too if needed. I'll be home in a few hours.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 02:03:03 PM »
Clipz, a good feature would be - if people type !L4 "#v#" -- the bot will have a command like: "!matches" that will show a list of all requested matches in that channel in the last 10 minutes.

That way even if people just connect, they can see what people are looking for prior to searching.

IE:

MyeRs: !L4 3v3 PM if interested
MyeRs: !matches
CPBOT: LIST OF CURRENT ACTIVE MATCHES
1) User: Clipz is looking for 3v3 (5minutes ago)
2) User: MyeRz is looking for 3v3 (30 seconds ago)
---- End of active match requests -----

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »
Doesn't the ChanServ bot already have a similar match command?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »
Doesn't the ChanServ bot already have a similar match command?

Yes, but it requires people to make their own channel and send matches from it (via !scrim # yes/no) and it only sends to channels that have "DP" added as a game. Therefore, it makes people have to do what they did for years - which people haven't been able to do in recent years. A lot of people have trouble setting up IRC / running channel / trying to spam invite idlers.

This means simplifies that. People don't need to know any IRC commands, they don't need to know how to make a topic, they don't need to try to get idlers in their channel so it actually gets noticed. #paintball doesn't even have DP added as a game, because it spammed the channel too much.

So, since most of the current community dislikes IRC, and there's no better means of matches (their currently using Skype, meaning you need to find everyones skype usernames that actively plays, way too much work) - this might be a method to convince them to use IRC. All they gotta do is connect go GlobalGamers and /join #DP2match -

Maybe we'll be able to get some match server commands in that channel too... (!match1 for cP / !match2 for whatever other server)

One spot is simple. That's the point of this.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 04:39:40 PM »
Also looking to make #DP2match the spot you'd get servers from.

Thanks to Spain who may be able to get OTB/Arctic/Prozak/Supermans servers all in a script in that channel.

Still a work in progress.

Hopefully everything match related can all be done from that 1 channel.