Author Topic: Feature Request: Preventing Clan hopping.  (Read 4782 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Feature Request: Preventing Clan hopping.
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 05:39:42 PM »
Oh thats not even from the right conversation haha. those were the 3 lines i removed from what i posted on irc in the pball channel about what myers said.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 05:41:45 PM »
Oh thats not even from the right conversation haha. those were the 3 lines i removed from what i posted on irc in the pball channel about what myers said.

Um, Okay sir. Thanks for unbanning Homing btw.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »
To get back on topic. IMO Its good idea but a little too late. We have like 3-4 clans for each region and making their members not able to create new clans would decrease the oppurtunity for new players to get into these clans, because you just wont let a newbie into your clan which existed for few years, will you? But if it was a training clan, then why not.

Your reasoning about the leaderboard is more about "i wanna be the best" then "i wanna try hard and get to the top". If your clan in on the top just because of one player, and this player leaves, then you should take it as a challenge to get to the top without him and prove others wrong.

EDIT before posting lol: I wasnt even able to finish this post while you managed to add 5 new replies o.O. Just wanted to say sth on topic but it seems its irelevant despite the topic, well w/e i put my thoughts into it and i wont just delete it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 06:08:13 PM »
To the original topic:
I kind of agree, but I feel if we have a ranking system where it takes time to build up a clan's rank (not just win/loss ratio), people will be inclined to keep clans around longer, so it may not be necessary.  I do think there should be something that prevents people from clan hopping short term, though (ex: so they can play as a ringer for one match, turn around, and join another clan for the next match).  I don't think it needs to be for a long period of time, though - maybe a day or two.

Re: Homing Bullet - I don't think Clipz was involved at all in that.  Homing contacted me directly and provided info to get his ban reduced.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:42 AM »
This is a bad idea, clans go inactive too often from people not placing the game very high on their list of priorities so we'd get stuck in clans we don't want to be in.

Or, make it so people can be in perhaps a maximum of 3 clans at a time.

Also, I've played League of Legends with one of Myer's brothers before. Take that as you will.

Whaley

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 03:16:07 PM »
MyeRs has a brother he comes on ts3 and plays league with us sometimes.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »
For future reference: Can people not post in this thread about me? If Clipz actually cares about this topic, might as well keep it on that. I've had this issue circulating for a long time, and have said and given everything I need to on the matter. Other people attempting to "back me up" or "argue against me" doesn't affect the situation. I do not have multiple accounts.

NOW ON TOPIC

In games: In a competitive scene, everyone wants to be the best - so they put forth the effort to be the best - and form the best team they possibly can do to so. (Obviously there's different reasons to play a game, in a pub-scene, it's more play with who you have fun with, and nobody cares if you hop around).

So, looking at that, DP in itself is a pub-game. It's not highly competitive, there's not incentive for teams to practice to improve. Just because DP is so small and actually tracks peoples clans, doesn't mean it's suddenly not more fun to play with who you enjoy playing with. So, hopping around with different groups of friends happens in every game. DP you notice it because there is no people. In most games, you would never notice this.

If this game WAS competitive, people would have to tryout for a team. The work to actually join a team, would probably give more incentive to stay with it. Also, if it was a competitive game, teams would be working together/practicing to try to become the best. Considering nobody practices in DP, and nobody tries out for a team in DP, and nobody truly cares about being the best, this is a pub game.

Once you put effort into making your team competitive, then you could argue for this. But when its: Yoo dawg, lemme in. "kk go req!" -- you can't expect that "bond" to last. Look at the amount of formers your clan has, Clipz. Learn who to accept into your clan, and don't let every single person who asks in. If you set some guidelines to join, then I'm sure you'll have less problem maintaining members. You have so many formers for a reason, and your team hasn't been around that long. Most of the clans I've run that are currently retired have less formers then your clans. And that's not even including the formers from your failed training team that I'm assuming also had no requirements to join. When you accept a group of people who play another game together, you had to expect when 1 leaves we all do. Unrated left, we all follow. You shouldn't be so upset, you should work on your clan leadership. If you request this, you should request requirements for people to have to run a team. A good leader can keep his members, you sir, are not that.

EDIT: Took out him banning us from his servers for leaving, apparently he's only banning whaley for abusing admin.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:35:52 PM by MyeRs »

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »
ezreal is op

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 04:34:56 PM »
Apparently I've been using his rcon to kick him from his own servers. Mmk.

Just to clarify, I didn't do it.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 04:53:04 PM »
Thanks for the step by step info guys! Too bad I didn't ban anyone.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 05:04:46 PM »
^ Well you clearly didn't understand much of anything, so we just tried to enlighten you a bit. We're merely attempting to educate the DP2 community. Also, people got banned from cP servers and blamed for abusing admin because you were 2lazy to look up logs to see they didn't do it. You were part of that situation dawggydawg.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »
You guys are funny.

On topic: good idea