Author Topic: Feature Request: Clients will upload required files to server.  (Read 1094 times)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Feature Request: Clients will upload required files to server.
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »
This feature is a client and server side option.

Lets say for example that a server is using a map that requires the c2nite_ skybox textures. If the server doesn't have those textures, then a random client that has the textures will upload them to the server, then the server will send the textures to the clients that don't have them.

Server admins can choose if they want to allow uploads from clients or not.

Players can choose if they want their copy of Paintball 2 to upload their files to the server or not.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Feature Request: Clients will upload required files to server.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »
YESSSS. I will find every texture that a server is missing and upload pictures of unrated's penis as the texture!

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »
There would have to be some kind of check to verify that the files being supplied by the client are legitimate.  Sounds like a security nightmare.

Too much work for almost no benefit.  I think a better solution to the problem would be to offer a "complete" texture pack that is available to all server admins.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
YESSSS. I will find every texture that a server is missing and upload pictures of unrated's penis as the texture!
  yes please