Author Topic: Speed Server Strike?  (Read 9101 times)

mewa

• 68 Carbine
Re: Speed Server Strike?
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 02:12:11 AM »
jitspoe, in all reality this is your game. do what you want at this point. so few people are left that are here daily, it mostly become a trial basis. i don't check in all that often, but i havent seen a server thats been filled within years. on a similar note, i wouldnt post if this game werent worth keeping around. i think many of us hold this opinion.

theres a place for speed servers, especially for new players who don't want to get plowed right off the block. still, it makes little sense to have a no limit respawn. this is ripe for spawn camping and complete manipulation. theres nothing wrong with waiting 10-30sec to respawn, and even becomes an advantage in a game thats so dependent on knowing where all the other players are.

make an update with a minimal respawn. the servers who dont comply will not be listed. the players who female dog will get used to it (i've gotten used to many different spawn times, all with initial whining, and in the end preferring 60sec in most cases). the servers who dont find their names on the list will see a dwindling amount of players joining. i'd rather see a dwindling server than a dwindling game.

at the end of the day, its pretty much all your game. its good to consult, but when so much of the dev in concentrated in on place, just do whats right. run it by a few handfuls of folk at first, but then just implement. make it fun for the public, while allowing the rest of us to play what we know. there needs to be a level of instinct involved in this.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
Re: Speed Server Strike?
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 06:48:24 PM »
Maybe we should have a poll.