Author Topic: The Elephant In The Room  (Read 1105 times)

mewa

• 68 Carbine
The Elephant In The Room
« on: April 04, 2013, 03:09:49 AM »
Is there anyone out there who can take an honest look at this thread (http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=24447.0) and conclude that this type of thing helped the game?

This is not about Cuso, but about what he chose to do, along with many others, and their general effect on the game. He is the example I chose to use because it was his thread that prompted this thought. There are many like him on different levels, but I think he is most appropriate because of his diverse roles.

Everyone knows the game is past retirement in age and is prone to these scenarios, but do we really need to pardon the worst offenders in some last ditch attempt to retain population? Is it just that we all know how old it is and its like telling grandpa "its okay now, drink yourself to death. we used to care, but now we understand your imminent death and you can do what ever the intercourse you want". If this is the case, I'm all for it. Let's just be honest about it.

Cuso, you didn't know the extent of your effects when you were doing it, I get that. You were young and stupid. Problem is you gave a lot of people a great reason to not give a excrement. People who had played for years had little reason to continue once a huge portion of the matching community just vanished.

Thank you for continuing to contribute, but you intercoursed up. Not once but twice. More over, you shouldn't have stayed around here still influencing the same game you tried to undermine. It's super dooper wonderful that you like to write code, just find a new place to do it.

Hacking punishments have always been a bit of a joke around here, and this kind of thing only helps to support that belief. If you were considering hacking this game, you read the some of the bans, and then read that you could actually make the hacks without real consequence or anyone actually giving a excrement, would you feel deterred?

are we done here, i think we're done.

Sincerely,
The Elephant In The Room

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: The Elephant In The Room
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 12:17:48 PM »
We should just go back to the old days where everyone was wallhacking to even the playing field instead of a select few