Author Topic: The shattering  (Read 3069 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
The shattering
« on: August 23, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »

Ace

• Autococker
Re: The shattering
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »
Pretty excited to see some gameplay, and not just that PAX trailer. But f2p arena style shooter, sign me up.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 08:04:06 PM »
Stay tuned.  It's going to be a lot more than just an arena style shooter. :)

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 08:48:38 PM »
Only limiter is Nexon and their crappy history of p2w in their f2p games.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 10:16:05 AM »
Just out of curiosity: Jitspoe, is this something you worked on or just something you are excited about?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 11:14:53 PM »
Just out of curiosity: Jitspoe, is this something you worked on or just something you are excited about?
Can't it be both? :)

Only limiter is Nexon and their crappy history of p2w in their f2p games.
Nexon is the publisher, not the developer.  Not sure why they get such a bad rep.  I've only played a couple of their games, and they weren't pay to win.  What game have you played that was pay to win?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 01:48:39 AM »
Nexon is the publisher, not the developer.  Not sure why they get such a bad rep.  I've only played a couple of their games, and they weren't pay to win.  What game have you played that was pay to win?

A lot of vindictus, some maple, some combat arms, some mabinogi, and tastes of some others. Some examples of my Nexon experiences:

-Buyable items that directly add stats or eliminate farming time (ex: torso cosmetic override for $36 that gives +att in a slot you can't fill otherwise, $5+ to buy unbinds to sell ANY high level item, 1000 AP packs for $20, whereas you earn about 20 AP per battle, $9 per enchant (needs 2 per weapon and armor piece), $4 per enhance (need 4+ per weapon / armor piece)).

-GM's / Forum mods that seem to be unaware of basic mechanics of the game

-Customer support is notoriously bad with ticket responses commonly being weeks later with robot responses.

-On a better note, the games they publish are typically really great and are the only reason people stick with Nexon.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »
Ah, has that changed recently?  Back when I played Vindictus, there was really no need to spend money.  AP came easily, and you even got it when you weren't logged in.  I had no issue leveling my skills up.  The cosmetics were purely cosmetic and didn't impact the gameplay, and I think the only thing related to enhancing/enchanting were items that could increase your success rate.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »
Some gameplay came out :) Looks really fun, hopefully some nice objective games.

https://twitter.com/owenmahoney/status/637321420641431552

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ4S5G4nsUI

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »
Locking this and starting a new thread now that the official title has been announced: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=28059.new#new