Author Topic: Let's start playing again.  (Read 9506 times)

CheMiCal

• Autococker
Re: Let's start playing again.
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 05:21:41 AM »
lol, you're just upset now. atleast i dont get maps made after me.

#insta'srageometre[**********]

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 05:23:49 AM »
Yup, you caught me D: dang...that sucks. Now this is the last time I'm going to ask. Please stop posting useless excrement no one cares about. Don't say anything at all on this thread unless it is related to this thread.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 05:27:59 AM »
says the one who derailed it, go the the first page, 12th comment, you derailed your own thread by calling someone way better than you bad, great job scooper austin.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 07:18:24 AM »

Uh, excuse me but I thought this thread is about 'playing again' not 'flaming'. You both just wanted more people to put effort into being active for the game, so unless anyone has something to contribute towards this topic, don't reply. Or do you want your post count to be pushed up?

Now on topic...
I think some players are so used to 'old school, 'old maps' etc that newer players feel a little 'pushed' out of the community. That is what I felt like when I joined. To change this, how about everyone doesen't troll every new guy who authenticates into irc, or every speedserver newb who wants a 1v1.

speaking of 'new', I made a new map called 'jungle', I hope players will find it fun, but I am not sure if people will choose it to match on, being as it's a 'new map'.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2013, 07:58:03 AM »
JMR, the reason the old maps are played, and i told you this, is because the gameplay works, and is smooth, i've told you that you should let me or someone who knows what maps need to beta test your maps, just msg me on here and ill do it. the new player will never be able to catch up to the better players, the learning curve is just too steep, as they're getting better, we're improving at the same rate.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »
JMR, the reason the old maps are played, and i told you this, is because the gameplay works, and is smooth, i've told you that you should let me or someone who knows what maps need to beta test your maps, just msg me on here and ill do it. the new player will never be able to catch up to the better players, the learning curve is just too steep, as they're getting better, we're improving at the same rate.

Oh please do tell me what maps you have made with good gameplay. & actually, I think you have hit your peak. Most mappers don't even map anymore dude :) Probably the most active mapper.

Also a learning curve has nothing in regards to respecting newer players chemical, learn that you don't always know more than newer players do, the only thing you can defiantly know more with, are things that are blatantly directly based on experience only.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 08:17:21 AM »
i haven't hit my peak, no one has, you can always get better no matter what, just some are so ahead of others that it's just impossible to get to their level. (for newer players)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 08:44:35 AM »
JMR: That "old map" excuse is a joke. Nobody plays old maps. You're talking about ONE team, and that's cP, because they all went inactive, came back, and wanted to play the maps they used to enjoy playing. Wobluda was the most played map last time I checked, that maps new. Not every map released gets played because they aren't good enough. But when a good map comes out, it gets played.

The IRC trolling is people sitting in #paintball who don't even play the game anymore, but troll every "DPSurfer" that enters. I agree, that's gotta suck for new people. But it happens to every person who first connects to IRC, and probably does deter some from continuing playing.

Learning curve: The problem here is ego. There aren't enough people anymore who want to learn from better players, they either claim better players cheat or they talk about how the better players arent even good. (yet they can never come close to beating better players). How do people think shockwave got good? I think Olbaid/Bix and many others will remember how much this guy begged for their demos, begged to watch their games, and litterally studied the game. It's just that people need to put effort into improving, rather then effort into pretending to be good.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
Generations change and it seems to me kids get things handed on a plate to them, everything they ever wanted spoilt almost.

I think that's why a lot of people don't want to learn; because the younger generation is in my opinion not willing to put the effort into something they want because they are more used to just getting it.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2013, 05:35:34 PM »
Still thinking communication will be the only way to turn this community back around.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2013, 10:12:39 PM »
you should stop thinking, it makes you look bad.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »
JMR: That "old map" excuse is a joke. Nobody plays old maps. You're talking about ONE team, and that's cP, because they all went inactive, came back, and wanted to play the maps they used to enjoy playing. Wobluda was the most played map last time I checked, that maps new. Not every map released gets played because they aren't good enough. But when a good map comes out, it gets played.

The IRC trolling is people sitting in #paintball who don't even play the game anymore, but troll every "DPSurfer" that enters. I agree, that's gotta suck for new people. But it happens to every person who first connects to IRC, and probably does deter some from continuing playing.

Learning curve: The problem here is ego. There aren't enough people anymore who want to learn from better players, they either claim better players cheat or they talk about how the better players arent even good. (yet they can never come close to beating better players). How do people think shockwave got good? I think Olbaid/Bix and many others will remember how much this guy begged for their demos, begged to watch their games, and litterally studied the game. It's just that people need to put effort into improving, rather then effort into pretending to be good.
1. Agreed
2. Agreed again but maybe they should be connecting to irc with a different name then.
3. Agreed but there aren't people around anymore for newbies to look up to really. They don't have any idea what this game was like when it was at it's prime. I think they all pretty much have the idea that this game is all about public servers. Not all of them, but most of them at least. That's why the match scene just needs to come back a little bit then slowly introduce players into the match scene that have been playing pubs for a good while and are ready to play with a team on a competitive level. Like I said though some previous teams need to come back and help this cause for anything to actually happen.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2013, 11:51:02 PM »
from what i've been told sequal, you've made all the newer players hate you, with your constant rage, insults. if you want to bring in new players and help them, don't get mad at them and yell at them.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2013, 12:40:30 AM »
from what i've been told sequal, you've made all the newer players hate you, with your constant rage, insults. if you want to bring in new players and help them, don't get mad at them and yell at them.

c2c? pm me bb

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 01:21:01 AM »
Again, no one cares about what you're saying except you.