Author Topic: DP League!!  (Read 6652 times)

UnRateD

• Autococker
Re: DP League!!
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 06:46:51 AM »
3 yrs ago, run by gg, bigboyprizes with no buy ins, expected to run far more smoothly than this

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 12:04:06 PM »
I agree and disagree with both myers and clipz's points on this. I know it's hard to get people together for events like this and such but that doesn't mean it's impossible either. I've been seeing a lot more active clans lately and I have to say, it's a good, reasuring feeling that something like this still does have a little hope.

Maybe my organization skills for this are a little off, or maybe I'm also just noy explaining my idea as clear as I'm thinking of it. Maybe it's a little bit of both too haha. Within 3 days of having this posted I already had 3 willing to participate clans. I honestly think this would be very entertaining if it were able to be done.

Thanks for the feedback though guys I appreciate it.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 06:49:28 PM »
Just make sure youre strict as fk, people on this game are detectiveheads, theyll show enthusiasm at first then be a bunch of lazy excretory openings afterwards when it comes to relaying information back to you

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »
3 yrs ago, run by gg, bigboyprizes with no buy ins, expected to run far more smoothly than this

It wasn't run by GG - it was hosted by GG. They announced it and purchased prizes. Myself, Webhead, Gamabunta did the majority of the work for this tournament. We would run everything by GG staff, but we ran the league. But the EU/NA problems of scheduling were problematic - will only be worse once people are back in school. We ran it over a summer to avoid a lot of scheduling problems.

TO SEQUAL: I wouldn't start a league NOW - I'd run a few tournaments first. (Tournaments are far easier to organize, far less work, but still have the same problems leagues have. This will give you an idea of the problems that will occur, and let you get better solutions). ALSO - Running a league now fails because a lot of the community starts school in a few weeks. Wait for a few weeks after school starts before looking at this idea, see how many teams stick around. You don't want "just made teams" to be your hope of running a league. You'd want the majority of the teams to be teams you trust to survive an entire league.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 07:04:08 PM »
It wasn't run by GG - it was hosted by GG. They announced it and purchased prizes. Myself, Webhead, Gamabunta did the majority of the work for this tournament. We would run everything by GG staff, but we ran the league. But the EU/NA problems of scheduling were problematic - will only be worse once people are back in school. We ran it over a summer to avoid a lot of scheduling problems.

how was organising the teams? was it relatively simple, or were there more bys and what not than you would have preferred

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »
how was organising the teams? was it relatively simple, or were there more bys and what not than you would have preferred

Season ran fine, basically 1 team quit the league after their first loss - but GG formed a team for fun cause of this. So we had 8 NA and 8 EU teams that were all active, and there was actually some challenge. I think almost every team in the league was a reliable team that we trusted not to die. Games not in the same shape to run 16 teams, and as Henkka said, we already know who would win so it's not as enjoyable for other teams.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »
Season ran fine, basically 1 team quit the league after their first loss - but GG formed a team for fun cause of this. So we had 8 NA and 8 EU teams that were all active, and there was actually some challenge. I think almost every team in the league was a reliable team that we trusted not to die. Games not in the same shape to run 16 teams, and as Henkka said, we already know who would win so it's not as enjoyable for other teams.

better times

we live in only tourney times now unfortunately, and even those go OK at best