Author Topic: DP2Bot v1.1  (Read 5725 times)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
Re: DP2Bot v1.1
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 06:06:22 AM »
Nice. Ask me if you need some help, i have reversed and made my version of strip_garbage, just ask me and i can be on IRC in a moment.

Also, picture of my serverbrowser, maybe you'll have ideas from it (note: it was made LONG time ago, not copied from rockitude or anythings like that):

Maybe should release my serverbrowser? Post if you want to see it released, and like if you don't want (just kidding, don't waste your time if you don't want to see it).

Also, sorry rocklitude for making competition to your program.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 06:50:36 AM »
Seems we had many same ideas. I implemented the TYPE in my IRC Bot too. You can release it if you want, I don't really see it as competition. I do the serverbrowser more for myself, because I want a Java one for Mac OS.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 07:35:35 AM »
Thing is i don't want to waste my time releasing it and improving some minor bugs that happens right now if nobody will use it. Some time ago when i released everything related to Paintball. I mostly got negative feedback, so i want to know if there will be people that would use it. If not, then less job for me, because i made it for myself anyway.
As for porting, because i'm using Lazarus i could probably cross-compile my serverbrowser with minor changes to Linux and possibly Mac. Still Mac port in my opinion is pointless because paintball doesn't run there natively nor i own Mac, so i don't think i'll release it for this platform since i can't even test it. Linux port however can be done if people would request it...

Also some OT: Jitspoe, please stop posting fake informations about me being unbanned, that was/is not true (i tested it last time you stated i was "unbanned" [so i dont need to make new accounts, you said back then] and few times before/after too). Also Jitspoe be sure to check your email, you could find interesting email there regarding PbHax if you haven't found it already. [/OT]

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 06:22:05 AM »
Bump: Why does it take 10+ seconds to get any answer? I hope you don't ask servers whenever anybody ask anything... Why not remember server status and update each minute or so...

Also: I believe commands should be case-insensitive. I would also suggest !help command so he will at least give link to this thread.

At least for now i found it annoying to wait 10+ seconds every time i ask anything...

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 11:51:31 AM »
It takes just 2-3 seconds to get all informations (like the normal serverbrowser too). IRC doesn't allow me to spam the servers so fast, I will talk to my GlobalGamers friends about that soon. I'm not sure if remembering about the server status every minute is better than waiting 2-3 seconds to get the new information. The !help command was implemented and printed all commands of the bot, I will add the forum link and get it back up.

Moreover.. why do you even use the irc bot. I thought I'm the only one who uses these commands when I'm on Mac OS. The only reason why the bot is still online are some methods for the clan aT.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »
It takes just 2-3 seconds to get all informations (like the normal serverbrowser too). IRC doesn't allow me to spam the servers so fast, I will talk to my GlobalGamers friends about that soon.
Well, in my test i had to wait 13 seconds to get one line of response. Thats why i ask, because i doubt it's due to antispam system as i don't think that soo many people use it... And for list of few servers i had to wait even more, i thought it didn't work...

The !help command was implemented and printed all commands of the bot, I will add the forum link and get it back up.
Didn't work for me on PM today.

Moreover.. why do you even use the irc bot. I thought I'm the only one who uses these commands when I'm on Mac OS. The only reason why the bot is still online are some methods for the clan aT.
I was just playing with it to check it capabilities :P . Just wanted to check some things like CTCP...

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 04:40:04 PM »
Did you try turning the knob to 11?