Author Topic: How to detect cheaters/mods?  (Read 2085 times)

Aero

• PGP
How to detect cheaters/mods?
« on: October 06, 2013, 03:07:21 AM »
Hello, i wonder how many people get reported for hacking/mods, how can you detect hacking players(also as server owner) ?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: How to detect cheaters/mods?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »
This game has a built-in cheat detection. Jitspoe (owner/creator) of this game can figure out who did what and set a global ban accordingly.

Inb4 PAC

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 07:27:42 AM »
wow! and I thought jitspoe played in game and then caught them cheating :P

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 07:50:53 AM »
I thought jitspoe played

best post of the month already.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 08:04:33 AM »
Jitspoe would have to play a lot for that to happen. ;)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 08:52:38 AM »
Hello, i wonder how many people get reported for hacking/mods, how can you detect hacking players(also as server owner) ?
Sometimes it's report, sometimes it's jitspoe detection.
Server owner pretty much can't detect cheaters, except for speedhacks (there are methods jitspoe implemented recently, they detect most speedhacks). Most dplogin-jitspoe anticheat communication is done via server anyway, so possibly some anticheat comunication can be spoofed and i.e. mark players as cheaters or detect those cheats at server, but it's mostly theory, because right now nobody except Jitspoe know much about it (not even me).

This game has a built-in cheat detection. Jitspoe (owner/creator) of this game can figure out who did what and set a global ban accordingly.
Jitspoe anticheat is able to detect cheats used in past (at least most of them, because certain detections seems to be done not in best fashion). But often it's very weak against new cheats (i.e. opengl32 hack).

wow! and I thought jitspoe played in game and then caught them cheating :P
I play this game for over 3 years now I believe and never met jitspoe, lol.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 03:49:49 PM »
Payl, since you seem to like the fact that this game doesn't need cheaters and want to prevent them from playing, maybe you shouldn't go round naming hacks that you claim can't be detected?

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »
i thought I read somewhere that opengl32 could be detected (whatever it is)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »
Payl, since you seem to like the fact that this game doesn't need cheaters and want to prevent them from playing, maybe you shouldn't go round naming hacks that you claim can't be detected?
Oh lol, i mean that IT WAS UNDETECTABLE WHEN IT WAS NEW. Now it is obviously detectable (as UnRateD correctly said), and it even made Jitspoe include somewhat smarter method, but shh, i still found way to avoid it (nah, it's reported to jitspoe already). So if anyone thinks this is undetectable - there is probably only one undetectable cheat right now, and it's mine (which was sent to jitspoe, but he haven't released fix for it up to date).

And it's opengl32 HACK, not opengl32, because opengl32 is opengl library, which is just a display library... So don't confuse those two :) .

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 09:50:14 PM »
Haha opengl32 seems familiar :p(inside joke) (but not funny :/)

Anyways back ontopic: Payl is pretty much right, the hacks that are/were created a time ago are patched up, since this game is a Quake2 mod, not may people have tried to create hacks or even care to. It's Jitspoe's cheat system he is the only person that knows 100% on how it works.