Author Topic: BUG: toss smoke nade, pick up paint nade, eliminate self  (Read 2183 times)

ShantiBantu

• PGP
BUG: toss smoke nade, pick up paint nade, eliminate self
« on: January 29, 2014, 03:25:15 PM »
So I have noticed that if I pop a smoke grenade and pick up a paint grenade right after popping smoke, the paint grenade goes off in my hand and kills me. Happens regularly but, only when I have just tossed a smoke grenade and immediately pick up a paint grenade.

If I toss the smoke grenade and wait for a count of like 2 seconds, it doesn't do it.

I have tried recreating this issue on a map alone to see if I am just holding the nade button down when I pick up the new one, but I was unable to reproduce it; it only happens in game play.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: BUG: toss smoke nade, pick up paint nade, eliminate self
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »
It only happens when you're playing online?  What server were you playing on?  I think this is a bug that has been fixed, but maybe that server isn't running the latest version.

ShantiBantu

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 01:19:25 PM »
Hmmm, I have not noticed whether is it server specific or not but, that makes sense. I have been playing a lot on Siege Europa and Superman's severs lately. When it happens again, I'll take note of the server.

Thanks Jitspoe :)

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:35 PM »
Hmmm, I have not noticed whether is it server specific or not but, that makes sense. I have been playing a lot on Siege Europa and Superman's severs lately. When it happens again, I'll take note of the server.

I'm not able to reproduce this on my servers.  Maybe your grenade key might just be sticking and spamming the tossgren command?

ShantiBantu

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:48 AM »
yeah I thought of that and tried to recreate it on a server by myself but it only seems to happen in gameplay. *Shrug* Definitely happened yesterday on yer speed 2. I play on a pc and the nade toss is bound to the scroll wheel click. I'll try to pay more attention to the conditions and report back. I happens often enough to post about it but only seems to occur in intense play so it surprises me...but it's also not a big enough issue to dissuede me from playing ;-)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 05:15:40 PM »
Recording a demo might also be helpful.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
Recording a demo might also be helpful.
Shanti:  Auto-record is on in all my servers, so you should have a demo in your demos folder.  Just have to find the right one.