Author Topic: [Bug] Tab + Console Button RIGHT AFTER = [A Server?] Maplist Shows In Console  (Read 1827 times)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
So basically when I'm playing pb2, I sometimes hit the stats button and then say something right after.

Well, if you press (By default) [TAB] and then [~] right after, you get the server's maplist, or a maplist in your console.

I have PCDP mod, that may be the problem, but I already reported it there. So I'm just wondering if this is a game bug or the mod bug.

Thanks in advance!

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
It's related to game, but it isn't bug, it's actually antifeature of server/client protocol. I don't think it will be fixed soon.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
Alright. Thanks.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
I'm guessing tab in the PCDP mod shows a list of maps to vote on or something?

In order to fix the overflow issue with the "maplist" command and make it compatible with older servers, I essentially piggy-backed off of the way the map voting window got the maplist, which breaks the list into chunks if it can't fit in one packet.  If the console is active, the output is printed there.

It could certainly be fixed, but the viewing the map vote dialog, then switching immediately to the console seems like such a rare case... is it really worth it (especially since it doesn't really harm anything)?

p.s.  It has nothing to do with a limitation of the client/server protocol.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
It could certainly be fixed, but the viewing the map vote dialog, then switching immediately to the console seems like such a rare case... is it really worth it (especially since it doesn't really harm anything)?
It's not really worth it for the average DP player, but for me, that's how I look at thinks. One thing straight to the next.
You don't have to fix it, it just bugs me.

FusSioN

• Autococker
There are 2 possibilities about that:

1. PCDP mod's console automatically views that map rotation/map list THE FIRST TIME you open it in a server.

2. The TAB button left side views maplist for voting.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
In order to fix the overflow issue with the "maplist" command and make it compatible with older servers, I essentially piggy-backed off of the way the map voting window got the maplist, which breaks the list into chunks if it can't fit in one packet.  If the console is active, the output is printed there.
[...]
p.s.  It has nothing to do with a limitation of the client/server protocol.
IMO it is limitation with current implementation, and I believe you don't want to break support to older clients with server sending it different way. That's why you haven't changed it in first place, but it's limitation as there is no way to detect who sent maplist request (script/user).
Not worth fixing really, if Lazers is annoyed with that - patch your paintball so it doesn't send it to console anyway.