Author Topic: Gamemode help  (Read 3439 times)

Mission

• 68 Carbine
Gamemode help
« on: December 03, 2013, 12:56:24 PM »
Is there any way of making a normal CTF mode except the round does not end when the flag is captured OR when everybody on the team is eliminated? A CTF mode without a round end. Do not ask why I want to know this but it is quite important. I don't think setting the elim time to 0 will work. Obviously flagcapendsround will be set to false.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
Re: Gamemode help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »
It should work with "set debug1 1".

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »
I'm guessing that is a server side command. Is there anything I can do within BSP? Thanks for the help.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:39:58 PM »
debug1 1 makes it act like there's 1 person each team.  There's no way to make the round not end on elimination within the map itself.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:46:06 PM »
Alright in that case I have thought of some other things that miight be of use to me. Is there a key/value that I can use so that there are two teleporters; the blue team can use 1 of them and only 1 and the red team can use the other one of them but only that one? So a teleporter that only works for one team.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:48:37 PM »
No.  This hasn't been implemented yet, unfortunately.  There's a feature vote for it here: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10018

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:55:43 PM »
D: ok this is the 3rd way I could do what I want: In koth the round doesn't end. Is there a way of making the time on the hill increase at a quicker rate?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »
Ah, this may be your ticket.  There's not a way to make the hill rate increase, but I think you can put the game in KOTH mode and add flags with the key "grabable" set to 1.  This way, you can actually grab and carry the flag.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 02:47:34 PM »
YUS it worked! I acheived what I wanted to acheive and now I shall reveal it to you: Based on a gamemode for a different game, this subgamemode i have created allows the player to jump onto a position (in the enemies base) to score a point. Once they jump on that position they score a point (acheived through koth). As soon as they score the point, they get teleported back to their own base. I do this through setting the damage of a trig hurt to 2, just enough time to score 1 point in koth. The player is eliminated when the damage reaches 100 with 1 point to their team. They have sacrificed themself for the objective! Thanks for the help.

Edit: since there must be 2 hills it doesn't work, as you can just jump onto your base position to score :/ And I guess I would have to make the hill entity team specific... back to square one.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:09:09 PM by Mission »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »
I thought you were going to have normal capture bases so you'd get a point for capturing the flag?  Why do you need the hills?

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
Well that was the first problem... it is impossible to have a ctf mode with an endless round, even if everyone is eliminated (apart from server side options). In koth, when everyone is elimnated the round doesn't end. This would be perfect, however the two teams can't have hills specific to their colour, so then I tryed gamemode 20 (ctf+koth) I couldn't get that to work either. I might be able to send you the bsp and map files tommorow to help you understand it more.

Basically:
You spawn, the objective is to run to the enemy base and score a point by standing on a point in their base, once you stand on that point you simultaneously gain a point for your team but you are also killed by a trigger hurt, sending you back to your base.

How I made the point scoring position in the enemy base:
-CTF method: Made a hole. You fall into the hole to score the point. In the hole there is a flag (team 1) and a base (team 1) so you score instantly. At the bottom of the pit there is a trig hurt to teleport you back to your own base, however I don't want this to end the round, that is how this method is flawed.

-KOTH method: Made a hole. You fall into the hole to score a point. In the hole there is a hill and a trigger hurt of 2, allowing enough time to score 1 point. However, this method is flawed because there must be a capture point for each team and koth only supports one hill for both teams, not a hill for one team and a hill for the other.

I tried gamemode 20 but i don't really know how that works and it didnt work. It is important, that there is no round ending, that you score by standing on a point at the enemy base, and that you get teleported back to your base once you score.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 12:42:01 AM »
Having gamemode 20 just means the map supports both KOTH and CTF.  It doesn't make it run both at the same time.  You need to make the map run in KOTH mode, but use the CTF method (by adding a flag with "grabbable" "1" and a base to capture at).

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 12:50:49 PM »
Thanks jitspoe, fyi here is the gamemode:

.map file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RMd6ZyxDCkWWhpOXhMdWRvVzA/edit?usp=sharing

.bsp file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RMd6ZyxDCkWTVGdTlJWGIxcUU/edit?usp=sharing

It will work like a much faster CTF, with a fresh set of tactics to be created. I wonder if anyone has attempted to make a different/fun mode before?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:34:13 PM by Mission »