Author Topic: new textures  (Read 1482 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
new textures
« on: June 20, 2006, 01:37:23 AM »
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the mapping section, but since im here i think you can deal with it. 

I've been using the hig-resolution textures for close to 9 months now and they are great, but there arent enough of them.  I think that all of the current textures should be made in a high resolution in order to make the game look even better than it already does.  With ever improving technology im pretty sure the majority of the community have computers which can handle a full map of high res-textures. 

Also, I've noticed the game itself looks a lot and i mean a LOT better when you use the default gamma/brightness...is there any way to keep the texture quality when increasing gamma/brightness?  that would cool.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: new textures
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 12:14:12 PM »
The gamma/brightness settings are there for people with dark monitors.  If your monitor complies with the sRGB standard, you should leave it at the default settings.  Increasing the brightness/gamma will always lead to loss of quality.

As for high-res textures, if that's what people want me to work on for the next version, I guess the next poll will tell.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Re: new textures
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 02:09:56 PM »
blah like i cant play with default gamma and brightness, its just not light enough for my liking...but oh well.

HIRES TEXTURES!