Author Topic: #sPec# Summer Tournaments - Server Madness  (Read 981 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
#sPec# Summer Tournaments - Server Madness
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:25:18 AM »
NOTE: This is a news article posted for http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com/tournaments.php?news

Good day competitors!

I am almost 100% sure that everyone now understands that the tournament is tomorrow and that there are currently 16 teams entered.

Now for some, 16 teams entered may be very exciting. Personally, I am very excited to see so much participation from the community. However, it comes with a cost.

Over the past few days, I have been working out what would be required to run a successful 16-team tournament flawlessly. It is difficult to say the least. It is however, very much possible and with everyone's co-operation, I think it will run rather smoothly.

For those of you who have taken a peak at the server browser, you may have noticed something rather, eh, unusual to say the least.

I am pretty sure that this image speaks for itself. 8 total tournament servers were required for this tournament to run properly. The first round will have a total of 16 teams playing each other all at one time. Lets just hope the servers can handle it! I have done a few tests.

-- Please note, if you are looking to get a match on a #sPec# server during the tournament, the #sPec# match servers will be offline. Sorry, but, you should of just signed up for the tournament instead. --

Now, for this to be a success, I will need everyone's co-operation on teamspeak listening for what server they should be at. With this quantity of teams, it is important that everyone co-operates. Try to get on the teamspeak channel at the address: otb-server.de at least 30-20 minutes before the tournament starts.

In other news, daylight_b1 has now been officially voted out of the maplist.

I wish everyone the best of luck for the first tournament of the series tomorrow, if you have any questions, feel free to message me.
See you tomorrow!

-JMR
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:47:13 PM by JMR »