Author Topic: Lag spikes / packet loss at OTB and Crack servers  (Read 4250 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
Lag spikes / packet loss at OTB and Crack servers
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:43:52 AM »
This happens to btQ and me.
Arctic is the only german server that is fine.
No packet loss on EU servers, tested on Arctic and my servers.
Speed USA is fine for me (the ping is higher of course)
traceroute/ping:

Netgraph, cRack

Netgraph, hTml's

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
Re: Lag spikes / packet loss at OTB and Crack servers
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 07:27:48 AM »
Arctic started lagging few weeks ago.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 07:52:59 AM »
Arctic started lagging few weeks ago.
Arctic doesnt lag for me. Just otb and crack

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 11:38:48 AM »
I got no packet loss on the crack server, so it got to be some kind of routing issue there. Nothing I could do. Since when does that happen? Maybe a MTR / WinMTR result could help identify the hop that causes the loss. Looks like 213.248.89.93 (hbg-b1-link.telia.net) is causing trouble but that's nothing related to the server. The "loss" you can see at gw02.contabo.net is intentional, our hoster got some hardware configured to not respond to pings, I don't know why.
Btw: You can use the domain crack-gaming.de to not have to copy the IP from the serverbrowser / wherever you got it from.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 04:05:48 PM »
DDoS

Gg

MON1TOR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 09:54:16 PM »
Yes me too started lagging on some servers (cRack, OTB). Dunno why, I actually never lagged so hard/much. I think Tox is right, because I cant see a better answer.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 02:38:31 AM »
I'm not at home atm. So i can't test it.
Can you test the packet loss between pc -> router and pc -> server? www.techfleece.com/2011/03/10/how-to-check-for-packet-loss-between-your-router-and-computer-connection/

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 08:37:16 AM »
The traceroute result html posted shows some packet loss at telia.net hops, but for all the servers (including ic3y's), so that can't really be a cause. Since he stated that he doesn't have any problems to other servers I also doubt it's a problem in his local network. But even if we find the hop causing it, it won't really help since OTB or crack will not be able to fix that since we don't own the internet.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
xrichardx, T3RR0R15T, can't you ask your providers?
When I had packet loss at my servers, I sent tracert to my provider and they fixed it after 1 hour by switching the inet provider for my server.

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 02:13:39 PM »
For a complaint, crack's hoster (contabo) expects a MTR result, but I already did that once, when the issue is not related to anything they host / route, they can't do anything. According to the website, the server is redundantly reachable via Telia, Level3 and M-Net and I get routed to them via Level3. So it's probably your provider's choice to use Telia, but I don't know much about that stuff.