Author Topic: VERY IMPORTANT READ  (Read 1429 times)

yo_79

• PGP
VERY IMPORTANT READ
« on: February 22, 2004, 05:38:32 AM »
my name in the game is [ck]Shizza and some newbie named himself shizza and is going around useing my name makeing fun of people and getting me in trouble, it happened on the server 69.93.11.66:27911 map was fort20  and im worried that i will have a bad rep now.... i just got a good reputation earned too..... can you guys help?

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
Re: VERY IMPORTANT READ
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 07:20:53 AM »
Can't really copyright a name or anything but if the guy is being really abusive find an admin for the server you're on. You can allways record the person in the game itself. "record badguysname" will save a demo which will show whatever he says.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 08:04:29 PM »
Though maybe an interesting feature would be a name login/password system for global stats and such (as well as name reservations).  That might be difficult to implement.  I'll consider it when the community picks up more.

slayer

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 05:01:58 AM »
hi this is slayer i played you over the weekend seemed cool to me

Mustahus

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 09:16:32 AM »
I had name banning on my servers back years ago. q2admin lets you ban a name with a password. The client has to have the password set before he can play with the name.
I still have a list of people that were kicked by trying to use my name. The source is out on q2admin maybe a good read for you jit.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 01:08:09 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking it'd also be cool to set it up somehow with global (for all servers) stats and stuff.  Maybe I could tie it into the bboard (use this bboard username/pass to login to servers) then expand the bboard to have rankings and stats, and it would rank people according to WHO they killed and WHO they were killed by, rather than just number of kills or kills/death ratio.

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 06:29:48 PM »
That would be way cool Jits.  I'd play more just for that .